R50 Pathfinder lift topping out?

tyty13

Adventurer
I installed the AC lift SKU: SPBDPKG6 last year form 4x4parts.com . The front end will topipng out and not bottom out. Any one know how to fix this? Should the kit be doing this? I think this is unsafe

alexrex20

Explorer
if you did your research before buying the kit, you'd know it's a well-documented issue with the R50 coil lift. the only way to fix it is to uninstall the lift.

tyty13

Adventurer
if you did your research before buying the kit, you'd know it's a well-documented issue with the R50 coil lift. the only way to fix it is to uninstall the lift.

SO any one with this lift in a R50 would have the same Problem issue right.

Rick B

Yeah. I didn't know until I installed my lift also - I only researched available lifts...didn't find useful forums until well after install.

I almost pooped myself the first time I took a speed bump a little fast. I found that slowing down for bumps/drops and avoiding potholes has helped a lot. I don't think the spring rate of the coils helps with forcefullness of the topout either.

I've had this lift for 3 years now and it has made it through quite a bit of off-roading, now I'm starting to piece together a sub frame drop (4") to get some better off-road prowess.

Alex is right though about the amount of information for the R50 on forums - NPORA, NICO, or even smaller clubs (e.g. Ronin Wheelers).

Good luck.

armyrv

Observer
Is a common problem. I top out all the time on mine using the kit. It is a lift kit, so you will always top out. You don't bottom out with a lift kit.

Don't really see a problem with it. You have to expect it with the way the truck is built and what is available for lift kits. You can always try to install limiting straps to stop it from topping out as hard if you really see the need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears