Rack

sasaholic

Adventurer
i highly doubt that it would cut anyones head off. why would the rack be going into the cab anyways? i bet money that the rack smashes flat before puncturing the roof

sasaholic

Adventurer
ok i see what ur talking about. it opens the roof like a can opener right? i think if the rack was (which his is pretty close) over the pillars it would stop the rack from smashing through the roof. i still dont see how the rack would get down far enough to get to someones head anyworse than the roof would. its not like its really pivoting like a swing. id like to see pics though. im definetly not doubting u as i understand weird ******** happens in wrecks

bat

Explorer
I thank you for the concern and I am not wanting this turn into a bloody gory head cut off roof rack post.

robert

Expedition Leader
Very nice looking rack.

I also don't see how a cantilevered rack that is not attached to the cab is going to decapitate anyone. I've worked plenty of wrecks on vehicles with roof racks, including contractors trucks with cantilevered racks, and never seen one rip the cab open. Crush the cab down some in a rollover yes, but never rip one open. If fact, I would guess it's a lot safer than having a Studebaker on your roof as that adds more weight and is more than likely much sturdier than your cab (although you certainly get more style points for the Studebaker than a rack :ylsmoke:).... but I digress. I have seen a few trucks have their camper shells ripped partially or completely off in rollovers, but most of them were older and/or poorly attached to start with.

The only issue I see is that with it being so close to the shell it'll be a pain to try to clean under it but that's pretty minor. You might want to add a wind deflector for everyday use to cut down the noise also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman