Radio Audio Combiner/Amplifier

k6uk

Adventurer
Okay, I've been looking for this thing for a while... and finally found one so I thought I would share:

model301Bdetail.jpg

www.fleetradioproducts.com

This allows you to attach up to 4 radios (or other audio sources) and feed one communications speaker. It allows you to adjust the volume level of each individual input, plus it has a master volume control and mute button.

So my CB, Ham Radio, GPS, and Scanner can all be on the same volume control.

Also gives you a beefy amplifier when you need it to be loud.
A little pricey at 199 bucks, but I'll look around for a deal.

Specifications and Features

* 65W @ 2Ω MAX, 45W @ 2Ω CONTINUOUS (typical mobile radio=5W)
* Use with any speaker combination from 2ohm to 16ohm
* 4 isolated inputs-compatible with any radio
* Individual level control for each input
* Remote turn-on (activation) control
* No audible "pop" or "thump" during turn-on
* RFI/EMI and alternator noise filtering
* Fully Protected Output / Thermal shutdown Protection
* Fault Diagnostics & Power ON Indicators
* Milled Cast-Aluminum Case
* Potted Remote for vibration and moisture resistance.
* Red/Green Bi-Color Status LED on remote with lens for 180 degree viewing.
* Volume knob is knurled aluminum for a quality feel.
* 6' remote cable
* 12VDC @ 4A MAX
* Frequency Response: 30Hz-20KHz
* Amplifier: 4.53 x 3.24 x 1.57" LWH w/o Flanges
* Remote: 2.5 x 2.0 x 1.5" LWH w/o Flanges
* 2 Yr. Warranty

k6uk

Adventurer
You would hear them both at the same time.

The vol. knobs on each device will control relative volume (although there is an adjustment on the amplifier so that you can even things out) and the master volume will raise/lower/mute the volume of all units together.

-Mike

mr r2fj

Adventurer
I know this is an old post, but I'm looking for something similar. Anyone used one of these yet?

gary in ohio

Explorer
The fleetproducts are nice. They have 4 and 8 input units, remote head controllers and they work well. You do need to power them and you need a "GOOD" quality communications grade speaker. (skip radio shack for that). You can also take fixed audio out of the data port on most ham radio and use that then amplify the fixed audio that way you dont have to play with the radio audio every time.

They are a good way to combine audio. Price isnt to bad.

mr r2fj

Adventurer
The fleetproducts are nice. They have 4 and 8 input units, remote head controllers and they work well. You do need to power them and you need a "GOOD" quality communications grade speaker. (skip radio shack for that). You can also take fixed audio out of the data port on most ham radio and use that then amplify the fixed audio that way you dont have to play with the radio audio every time.

They are a good way to combine audio. Price isnt to bad.

I was looking at the kenwood kes-5, there's a bunch on ebay right now for cheap. Do you think that would work well with it? Honestly I want to use each radio independently to adjust the volume so I can easily filter out one source if I need to for communication. I was thinking of not even getting their master volume setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan