Radio Install Assistance

93BLAZER

Explorer
I don't know if this is the right forum or not. If it is, simply PM me and I'll take it down.

I have a Motorola Saber series radio that I use for backcountry use. I need the Motorola Saber series Convertacom installed in my vehicle.

I HAVE the Convertacom, antenna and speaker.
Ignition on only. Im in KPHX.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

gary in ohio

Explorer
93BLAZER said:
I don't know if this is the right forum or not. If it is, simply PM me and I'll take it down.

I have a Motorola Saber series radio that I use for backcountry use. I need the Motorola Saber series Convertacom installed in my vehicle.

I need the Convertacom, antenna and speaker.
Ignition on only. Im in KPHX.

Many thanks.
Sabers are rather old radio's starting production back in the late 80's and Motorola dropped ALL support of them in early 2000 (maybe 2001). The astro sabers were the digital mode version and those dropped in 2002/2003.
Anything you buy convertacom etc will be used/surplus. There are two types of convertacom's one is a charge only and one is a charge amplifer. If your has an amp is must be for the band your radio is on. You can get them on ebay, prices vary but generally under $100. Installation is much like any other radio. Power leads plus antenna connection.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
93BLAZER said:
I need the Convertacom, antenna and speaker...

...I have all the equip including, radio, convertacom, speaker and wire harness.

I'm confused by these two statements. Could you please clarify what type of help you need?

gary in ohio

Explorer
Since motorola has a gazillion models/options. its going to be hard to be exact on install, but the convertacom will have 2 or 3 wires for power. A place to plug in the speaker and one for the microphone.

2 of the wires are power the 3rd typically goes to ignition on power lead to turn on and off the unit with the engine. speaker to speaker and mic to mic.
Bold the convertacom where every it fits. bolt the speaker where you can hear it and plug in the antenna (if an amplified unit).

what other help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior