RakkasanFA's Build Thread

RakkasanFA

Observer
Mike has requested that I do a build thread. Requested is an understatement. LOL

OWNER: Barry

YEAR: 2007
MAKE: Nissan
MODEL: Frontier Nismo CC

ENGINE: 4.0lt. V6 with Nismo CAI
TRANSMISSION: 5-Speed automatic

SUSPENSION:
FRONT: Titan Swap with Total Chaos UCAs and 2.5" SAWs
REAR: Bilstein 5125s, AAL and AC Shackles
TIRES: Firestone Destination MT 265/75/16
WHEELS: Stock Nismo painted black
BRAKES: Stock

ELECTRICAL:
4 x PIAA 520s mounted on roof rack
Radio Shack CB Radio w/ 4' FireStik

RECOVERY:
KMA front winch bumper
48" Hi-Lift mounted on Roof rack
Recover strap
Smittybilt XRC8 Winch (IT SUCKS!!)

OTHER:
Custom roof rack that I installed myself from www.blackoutaz.com
Shrockworks rear diff cover
Shrockworks transfer case cover
Nissan OEM Bed Tent

FUTURE MODS:
Snorkel
KMA Multi-Carrier Rear Bumper

Bought my Frontier June 2007 in Clarksville, TN. My first mod was the AC Shackles/front coils combo. I later added the Bisltein COs from www.4x4parts.com

When I returned from my deployment in July of this year I quickly added new tires (Bridgestone Dueler Revo ATs), custom sliders from a Club Frontier member, a KMA front winch bumper and a custom roof rack.

I have driven this truck to all the way to Myrtle Beach, SC and GA. I haven't been able to spend as much time IN my truck since I was deployed for nearly a year. My truck isn't nearly as cool as some of the other ones on here.

I have all parts for a Titan Swap sitting in my garage along with rear AAL and Bilstein 5125s. I am also ordering a KMA rear bumper in the next few weeks.

Here it is stock:

Carside.jpg

Here is a somewhat recent pic:

DSC01038.JPG

Last edited:

RakkasanFA

Observer
Roof Rack and KMA Bumper

Here is a link to the roof rack thread:
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17531

I added 4x PIAA 520 lights onto it and I made a wind fairing (the noise got annoying after 1 day) out of plexiglass. I cut it down and added some tint. Then I drilled holes and zip tied it to the rack. It cost me next to nothing. I did lose some MPG from the rack.

I absolutely love the KMA bumper I ordered. Here is how the bumper looked when I went to pick it up/have it installed:

DSC01026.JPG

DSC01028.JPG

DSC01039.JPG

I put a Smittybilt XRC8 winch in there. I have not been impressed with it as it has already had problems and has not been used other than to test it.

Last edited:
RakkasanFA said:
I put a Smittybilt XRC8 winch in there. I have not been impressed with it as it has already had problems and has not been used other than to test it.
I'm researching Winches right now.

It's appearing to me that unless I'm willing to spend $1k, I'm going to waste my money.

RakkasanFA

Observer
mcm4090 said:
I have always loved your front bumper. Do you have any larger pic's?

Not at the moment. I will try and get some in the next day or two.... I get comments on my bumper all the time. IMO it looks sweet!

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
CoastalDefender said:
I'm researching Winches right now.

It's appearing to me that unless I'm willing to spend $1k, I'm going to waste my money.

I'd argue that. I have a Warn M8000 that I've used several times and love it. Paid about 550 w/free shipping and that rear receiver tow thing. Got it from winchdepot.com.

RakkasanFA

Observer
CB Radio

I added a Radio Shack CB Radio to my truck. I installed it in the center console. It was on sale but it is pretty decent for being around 40 bucks. I also added a 4' FireStik.

Anyone know a good place to mount it besides right behind the cab? how did you guys mount it to the utilitrack?

bigdog

Adventurer
nice build thread. I will have to read up some more on the roof rack. BTW - I use a magnet mount antenna and have run the coax through the vent in the back of the cab and into the bed. Then just stick it on the roof when i need it. Eventually my rear bumper will have an antenna mount. BTW - I also have the Warn M8000 and have been very happy with it so far.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears