Ram 1500 AEV Recruit, anyone drive one?

Luckychase5

Adventurer
I’m just trying to see if anyone drives one of these? Do people like them? I’ve got a great deal around me, basically 50% off of a new one with 15000 miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
Depending on the suspension it’s a good deal or a lemon.

I’ve heard of major issues with the air ride on the 1500 equipped with an AEV lift. If it’s just the normal front end you’re GTG. But if it’s 50% off MSRP and only has 15k miles, my money is in it being a Lemon.

They are a really good compromise on size, capability, and capacity though.

Having said that though, if it’s that cheap, and there is an issue with the AEV/OEM airlift, there is plenty of savings there to justify ripping out the suspension and going a different route.

billiebob

Just went to the AEV site, the Recruit is no longer on it.
Looks like its either the Wrangler, the Bison for a mid size, and the Prospector based on thr 2500/3500 Ram.

I love AEV and rate them the top after market engineering firm but on marketing they are absolutely the worst. Once they quit building/selling vehicles the parts just dry up. 5 years ago I was going to buy new plastic flares for my HighLine but..... not available. As for front fenders, if I ever need one or two or a hood, I'd be better driving an Edsel.

I'd take that as a very bad sign. Run Forest Run !!

I feel for the guys in their $70K Brute conversions lol.

Last edited:

ttengineer

Adventurer
If I recall a recruit has been converted to a 2500 dog house (hood, fenders, grill, and then the AEV bumper) then they add the AEV 1500 lift, add badging, and AEV 1500 wheels.

So, yes if you like the front end, the lift can be replaced if ever needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Depending on the suspension it’s a good deal or a lemon.

I’ve heard of major issues with the air ride on the 1500 equipped with an AEV lift. If it’s just the normal front end you’re GTG. But if it’s 50% off MSRP and only has 15k miles, my money is in it being a Lemon.

They are a really good compromise on size, capability, and capacity though.

Having said that though, if it’s that cheap, and there is an issue with the AEV/OEM airlift, there is plenty of savings there to justify ripping out the suspension and going a different route.

Well, I have a Ram 1500 with air-ride suspension out it the driveway with 30K miles on it with no problems whatsoever.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Well, I have a Ram 1500 with air-ride suspension out it the driveway with 30K miles on it with no problems whatsoever.

But does it have the AEV kit? That’s the issue, when air ride is paired with the AEV kit there is apparently issues.

Edcircus

I’m just trying to see if anyone drives one of these? Do people like them? I’ve got a great deal around me, basically 50% off of a new one with 15000 miles...

Out of curiosity, did you end up buying the recruit you posted about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan