Ram 1500 Bumper Recommendation Needed

rcintx

Adventurer
I got rear ended a couple of days ago sitting at a traffic light and am in need of a new rear bumper. I figure it is the perfect opportunity to upgrade from OEM to a steel bumper. I'll replace the front as well to match. I am looking for something simple and slim. I don't want anything to bulbous as this is a 1500 and limited on payload anyway. I really like the look of this Ranch Hand rear bumper but don't really like the diamond plate texture.

Any recommendations for a bumper setup that wont break the bank or look out of place on my 1500?

jbaucom

Personally, I'd just hunt for an OE bumper at a junkyard. Should be pretty economical from a truck that's been hit in the front or side. IMO most aftermarket bumpers look out of place, especially on half-ton trucks.

mekcanix

Camper
I picked up a Hooke Road bumper off of Amazon for around 700$cdn this summer and I love it. its actually well built. I have 2016 Rebel for reference. My opinion is that they stock rears are made of tinfoil. as a bonus these bumpers come witht he gm style side insert step

GATORB8

That looks great, especially from RC. I’ve got a dent in my DT 1500 again, so I’ve been considering swapping.

Any fitment issues? I’ve had bad experiences with their stuff on our Jeep

RamFam1718

That looks great, especially from RC. I’ve got a dent in my DT 1500 again, so I’ve been considering swapping.

Any fitment issues? I’ve had bad experiences with their stuff on our Jeep

I was actually really impressed with the fitment. The only issue I had was that the slot to lower the spare was a little tighter than OEM. You can still lower the spare. You just need to shift the lower rod a little.

IMG_20211118_093349~2.jpg

rcintx

Adventurer
Thanks for there replies all! I really like both the Rough Country and the Hooke Road options. I'm leaning towards the set from Rough Country. That looks superb.

jpop8807

Observer
I was actually really impressed with the fitment. The only issue I had was that the slot to lower the spare was a little tighter than OEM. You can still lower the spare. You just need to shift the lower rod a little.

View attachment 757683
Dude I used to be a hater of everything rough country (had some bad experiences with shocks, buddies puck lift rode like ********, every hickerbilly in the southern states I'm from has it on their mall crawler.) it just made me doubt they can make a quality product. I must say though that bumper looks really damn good. I have a white rebel as well, and I might be following your lead what brand lights did you end up putting in the back? Are what type ie flood spot so forth.

rcintx

Adventurer
In the end I decided to go back with the OEM rear bumper (currently sitting in the body shop waiting on parts). I REALLY liked that rear RC bumper but couldn't find any front bumpers that I liked. They all just looked to big and out of place on this style truck to me.

I have a white rebel as well, and I might be following your lead what brand lights did you end up putting in the back? Are what type ie flood spot so forth.

I started looking at what lights I was going to put in the RC bumper and realized it came with them. Just FYI. It does look awesome on that white Rebel.

jpop8807

Observer
In the end I decided to go back with the OEM rear bumper (currently sitting in the body shop waiting on parts). I REALLY liked that rear RC bumper but couldn't find any front bumpers that I liked. They all just looked to big and out of place on this style truck to me.

I started looking at what lights I was going to put in the RC bumper and realized it came with them. Just FYI. It does look awesome on that white Rebel.
******** do you have a side picture with the oem front and RC rear? Thats been my big issue finding a bumper that I like the look of better then the rebel's. Most I've seen all get rid of approach angel, or look ungodly large. The only brand I found that I kinda like are the addictive desert designs ones but damn those are pricey, and I'm not sure if I like the baja look. I mean they have the one called a stealth with a winch bracket built in but you're looking at like 2k.

RamFam1718

Dude I used to be a hater of everything rough country (had some bad experiences with shocks, buddies puck lift rode like ********, every hickerbilly in the southern states I'm from has it on their mall crawler.) it just made me doubt they can make a quality product. I must say though that bumper looks really damn good. I have a white rebel as well, and I might be following your lead what brand lights did you end up putting in the back? Are what type ie flood spot so forth.

They are the rough country brand and came with the bumper. Straight spot pattern.

Here is how bright they are:

IMG_20211118_172552.jpgIMG_20211118_172601.jpg

******** do you have a side picture with the oem front and RC rear? Thats been my big issue finding a bumper that I like the look of better then the rebel's. Most I've seen all get rid of approach angel, or look ungodly large. The only brand I found that I kinda like are the addictive desert designs ones but damn those are pricey, and I'm not sure if I like the baja look. I mean they have the one called a stealth with a winch bracket built in but you're looking at like 2k.

I will try to take a picture tomorrow for you when I the sun is back up

mekcanix

Camper
I should have posted this with my original post, but this what the hooke road one looks like. I am keeping the factory front, but plan on mounting a setina push bar (modified to fit a rebel) in the spring cause I like the front bumper

1673028191694.png

RamFam1718

20230107_085012.jpg20230107_084956.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle