Ram 2500 gasoline extended gas tank help

CB44NU

Been spending a couple of weeks trying to find an extended range solution for my RAM 2500 6.4L Hemi. Came across this thread and very interested in reading everyone's experience and potential solutions. I have not seen anyone else mention this. What are your thoughts ? Apparently this is rated and certified for Gasoline.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks,

ExpoMike

My guess is folks are trying to find an under bed/stock location tank and not a tank that sits across the bed like a tool box. Also note this info about California, from their page.

NOTE: Due to the California Air Resource Board (CARB) regulations, we will NOT offer gasoline auxiliary fuel tanks for sale in the state of California for the purpose of connecting to the vehicles factory fuel system. Our diesel auxiliary tanks and all refueling tanks for gas or diesel WILL remain available for sale in the state of California.

When I had an aux tank in the bed, you could smell gasoline on warm days. I'm not usually a fan of California's "extra" rules compared to most states, but I can understand how they got to this one. I DIY'ed a charcoal canister that helped a little bit, but didn't totally fix the problem.

renglekirk

Yeah I think the overall sentiment here is people are looking for a low impact way to add fuel capacity, either by a larger tank or an auxiliary under the bed that can can transfer fuel with a switch. Most of us I imagine have campers or gear in our truck beds but a ton of real estate under the bed. I'm in CA and the restrictions on gas containers can make things difficult for sure.

CB44NU

Yeah I think the overall sentiment here is people are looking for a low impact way to add fuel capacity, either by a larger tank or an auxiliary under the bed that can can transfer fuel with a switch. Most of us I imagine have campers or gear in our truck beds but a ton of real estate under the bed. I'm in CA and the restrictions on gas containers can make things difficult for sure.
Yes, I am pulling a camper as well which is why I would like to extend my range and not have to stop so often. My truck bed however is usually pretty empty. Can store must stuff in the camper during transit. So an in-bed solution may work for me, especially since I'm not seeing anything else available at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior