Ram 2500 gasoline extended gas tank help

Hegear

I have bought one of the factory 50 gallon tanks for my pw but have not had a chance to tackle the project. I’ll get on it in the next few months and post about it. As far as can see right now the skid plates on the power wagon are going to be the biggest issue.

Hegear

So I found a local shop that is going to try and install in the tank this week. The mopar part number I ordered is 68534615ab. It shows that it fits on a power wagon so fingers crossed!

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
So I found a local shop that is going to try and install in the tank this week. The mopar part number I ordered is 68534615ab. It shows that it fits on a power wagon so fingers crossed!
Have you seen this thread?

Last edited:

35xj

Adventurer
Thinking a bit outside the box. Off road race trucks use aluminum tank (fuel safe, etc) you could mount one where the spare was, out an e 2000 fuel pump in line with a switch. Plumb it into your main tank with braided lines.
Fill it from a separate filler. When the main tank gets low, hit the switch, pump it all into the main tank.

If you're willing to give up some bed space, a gravity feed auxiliary tank is a very simple and usable solution. Mine is set up with a motorized ball valve, so I don't have to fiddle with a manual valve. It automatically closes when it loses 12V, so you don't forget and dump gas on the ground. A lot of people have mentioned legal concerns with a gravity fed gas system. Honestly, I don't know the rules, but I haven't had any issues. If the tank was empty, the whole system could be removed in 15 minutes or less.

RCP

NUT. SPRING. MOUNTING.

Qty: 2:

STRAP. FUEL TANK.

Qty: 1:

68397065AC

STRAP. FUEL TANK.

68397066AC

SHIELD. FUEL TANK.

68502201AA

TANK. FUEL.

68534615AB

These are the parts listed in the Mopar parts catalog for a 48 gallon tank, the compatibility chart lists it fits all 6.4l Hemi trucks 2020+

I plan to talk to my local dealership about ordering through them to avoid the $350 freight charge. When I went to check out with those parts in the cart the total was $921, which is less than most other extended tanks from Titan.

My truck is a 2018 so before I pull the trigger and order everything I want to poke around under a 2022 Power Wagon and see if there are any changes to the frame that would prevent it from fitting.

Can anyone think of a reason this factory tank (listed to fit 2020+ Power Wagons) would not work out? And if it does not fit on the pre 2020 trucks, is there a reason it wouldn't be an option for the guys with the 2020s or newer?

Hegear

NUT. SPRING. MOUNTING.

Qty: 2:

STRAP. FUEL TANK.

68397065AC

STRAP. FUEL TANK.

68397066AC

SHIELD. FUEL TANK.

68502201AA

TANK. FUEL.

68534615AB

These are the parts listed in the Mopar parts catalog for a 48 gallon tank, the compatibility chart lists it fits all 6.4l Hemi trucks 2020+

I plan to talk to my local dealership about ordering through them to avoid the $350 freight charge. When I went to check out with those parts in the cart the total was $921, which is less than most other extended tanks from Titan.

My truck is a 2018 so before I pull the trigger and order everything I want to poke around under a 2022 Power Wagon and see if there are any changes to the frame that would prevent it from fitting.

Can anyone think of a reason this factory tank (listed to fit 2020+ Power Wagons) would not work out? And if it does not fit on the pre 2020 trucks, is there a reason it wouldn't be an option for the guys with the 2020s or newer?
buddha provide a link to another forum https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/titan-fuel-tank-for-a-hemi.2560/page-14 looks like it won’t work. They guy on there put a lot of effort into it but it didn’t work out. I abandoning the project.

Reactions: RCP

RCP

Byrdseye

Observer
I just received an online survey from Transferflow regarding a larger fuel tank for Rams with gas engines. They say if there is enough interest they will consider making a large tank. I think it might help to drop a line to the new product manager encouraging this to happen. His name Is Ben Winter and the email is:

BWinter@transferflow.com

Go4Mac

I do not have a power wagon, but i am power wagon curious. I currently have a 2016 ecodiesel. It’s been great except all the times it has spent in the shop. I’m ready to go back to a gasser. Either a tundra or a power wagon. Maybe an f150? Do I need a power wagon? No. Do I want power wagon? Yes. Right now I am really thinking of getting one, just because I want one. However the fuel range is concerning. I just emailed Ben winter, hopefully something will get done. Until then I plan on mounting some extra fuel tanks if I pull the trigger. KISS it. I will miss the mpg’s on the ecodiesel…

Go4Mac

Just got an email back from transfer flow.

“Thank you for reaching out. The project for a replacement tank for the Ram Powerwagon was approved last month and is on our future projects list. We have yet to set a timeline or investigate the specific vehicle years. I will add your information to our contact list and contact you when more information is available. “

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior