RAM 3500 cab/chassis Custom Build XPCAMPER NIMBL $87,000

Dogbird

Custom Built 2018 RAM 3500 by NIMBL expedition campers (formally, XPCAMPER) Well cared for. Highway miles. 75k miles

Custom Aluminum bed with removable/fold down rails. Removable headache rack. Massive amounts of cargo storage. Vertical Garage. Vertical full size tire carrier. Pull out drawer and table for kitchen.

Laramie Package
Alpine audio
6.7L Cummins Diesel
Aisin 7 speed transmission

Suspension: 2.5" King remote reservoir, Custom Deaver leaf springs, Thuren engineering coil springs and level kit, Air bags.

Rhino Cab roof platform rack
LED light bar
Wired for ARB duel compressor (compressor removed due to failure) with 3 gallon under bed air tank.
74 gallon diesel capacity with factory installed aux tank
ARB front bumper with Engo Winch (I'm not a fan of this winch)
37" Cooper AT3 tires with full size spare (one tire has been replaced with a Yokohama Geolander)
Full sized spare
Flat bed measures 105" x 83.5" (9 feet x 7 feet)

As far as I know I have never driven salted roads. Undercarriage is in great condition (just a little dirty).

Fresh Engine oil change and transmission oil drain/fill

Problems:
Small bend in passenger side rear bumper
Coolant Low signal comes on (I believe it is a faulty sensor because the level is just fine)
A small dent in the Drivers side rear door.
Wench Roller is bent

I would like to have a custom canopy built, but a SUV is in demand for my family, so turning this beauty loose. The sky is the limit with possibilities!!!
Please reach out if you would like additional photos. Vehicle is currently garaged in Durango Colorado.
Asking Price: $87,000
I'm much quicker to respond via text message or email. Please do not hesitate to give me a shout.
Phone: 423-280-8599 Email: wakeitup@icloud.com
Willing to work in a trade for a Land Cruiser LC200.

Overland, XPCAMPER, NIMBL, EARTH CRUSIER, EARTHROMER, ROOF TOP TENT, LOST MY VIRGINITY IN AN RTT, SPRINTER, RV, EXPEDITION, HAVE A TEQUILA

Attachments

• IMG_6004.jpeg
    IMG_6004.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 363
  • IMG_5953.jpeg
    IMG_5953.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 357
  • IMG_5935.jpeg
    IMG_5935.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 295
  • IMG_4451.jpeg
    IMG_4451.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_5933.jpeg
    IMG_5933.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_4446.jpeg
    IMG_4446.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_5970.jpeg
    IMG_5970.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_5955.jpeg
    IMG_5955.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_5975.jpeg
    IMG_5975.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 357
Last edited:

wild1

Adventurer
Custom Built RAM 3500 by NIMBL expedition campers (formally, XPCAMPER) Well cared for. Highway miles.

Custom Aluminum bed with removable/fold down rails. Removable headache rack. Massive amounts of cargo storage. Vertical Garage. Vertical full size tire carrier. Pull out drawer and table for kitchen.

Laramie Package
Alpine audio
6.7L Cummins Diesel
Aisin 7 speed transmission

Suspension: 2.5" King remote reservoir, Custom Deaver leaf springs, Thuren engineering coil springs and level kit, Air bags.

Rhino Cab roof platform rack
LED light bar
Wired for ARB duel compressor (compressor removed due to failure) with 3 gallon under bed air tank.
74 gallon diesel capacity with factory installed aux tank
ARB front bumper with Engo Winch (I'm not a fan of this winch)
37" Cooper AT3 tires with full size spare (one tire has been replaced with a Yokohama Geolander)
Full sized spare
Flat bed measures 105" x 83.5" (9 feet x 7 feet)

As far as I know I have never driven salted roads. Undercarriage is in great condition (just a little dirty).

Fresh Engine oil change and transmission oil drain/fill

Problems:
Small bend in passenger side rear bumper
Coolant Low signal comes on (I believe it is a faulty sensor because the level is just fine)
A small dent in the Drivers side rear door.
Wench Roller is bent

I would like to have a custom canopy built, but a SUV is in demand for my family, so turning this beauty loose. The sky is the limit with possibilities!!!
Please reach out if you would like additional photos. Vehicle is currently garaged in Durango Colorado.
Phone: 423-280-8599
Willing to work in a trade for a Land Cruiser LC200.

Overland, XPCAMPER, NIMBL, EARTH CRUSIER, EARTHROMER, ROOF TOP TENT, LOST MY VIRGINITY IN AN RTT, SPRINTER, RV, EXPEDITION, HAVE A TEQUILA
Nice truck, what are the miles and the price? Thanks

gdaut

This is a long-shot, but on the Coolant Low (false) indicator: check the connection form the battery to the engine control module. On my 2013 3500 that came loose. I started getting occasional Low Voltage indications, when the voltage was fine. Then more frequent Low Voltage indications, and Service Airbox (I checked, it was fine), the Low Coolant (coolant was fine). This was all over a year or so, then I got a bunch of codes all at once and the truck shut itself down. Got towed to the Dodge dealer who found the loose wire, tightened it, and all was good. On my truck it comes off the front terminal on the driver side battery.

And Wild1, I am pretty sure XP built the flatbed. As far as I know they built flatbeds for all the campers they built (about 60), as well as a few flatbed-only jobs. I have one with a camper on it.

sam-aye-am

Do you know what the GVWR and the current weight of the truck is. Trying to get an idea of load capacity. Also do you know who built the bed and what it’s rated to carry. Thanks

Labels say XPCamper built the flatbed. The predecessor company to Nimbl Vehicles. I have an XP built camper and flatbed on a 2015 RAM 3500. You won’t get an actual “weight rating” of the flatbed…especially since XP no longer exists.

Nimbl might help you out with an estimate in that regard, but not sure.

For reference, my truck (2015 Ram 3500) and camper are over 12k lbs with an ARB front bumper, warn 16ti winch, icon 2.5 remote reservoir shocks. And I only had a 30-ish gallon fuel tank last time I weighed it. I’ve never weighed my truck without the camper, but I did on my 2007.5 with 6.7 and 68rfe….came in right around 7k. So, could reasonably conclude that a 5k lb camper is within realm of reasonable for the flat bed. Everything else… wheels, tires, brakes, springs, etc is *likely* more limiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wild1

Adventurer
Labels say XPCamper built the flatbed. The predecessor company to Nimbl Vehicles. I have an XP built camper and flatbed on a 2015 RAM 3500. You won’t get an actual “weight rating” of the flatbed…especially since XP no longer exists.

For reference, my truck (2015 Ram 3500) and camper are over 12k lbs with an ARB front bumper, warn 16ti winch, icon 2.5 remote reservoir shocks. And I only had a 30-ish gallon fuel tank last time I weighed it. I’ve never weighed my truck without the camper, but I did on my 2007.5 with 6.7 and 68rfe….came in right around 7k. So, could reasonably conclude that a 5k lb camper is within realm of reasonable for the flat bed. Everything else… wheels, tires, brakes, springs, etc is *likely* more limiting.

Thanks for the great information. I currently am running a 2018 CCSB 3500 diesel with a Northern Lite 8-11 camper. The truck sits at 7700 pounds and with the camper and a full load of gear we push into the 12,000 pound range. This truck would work great with my camper but it really depends on wether the truck can handle 4000 plus pounds and stay within the rear axle capacity of the tires.

Attachments

• 92C016E7-0690-44BE-89C1-FBA6E83CCAA6.jpeg
    92C016E7-0690-44BE-89C1-FBA6E83CCAA6.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64

Dogbird

This is a long-shot, but on the Coolant Low (false) indicator: check the connection form the battery to the engine control module. On my 2013 3500 that came loose. I started getting occasional Low Voltage indications, when the voltage was fine. Then more frequent Low Voltage indications, and Service Airbox (I checked, it was fine), the Low Coolant (coolant was fine). This was all over a year or so, then I got a bunch of codes all at once and the truck shut itself down. Got towed to the Dodge dealer who found the loose wire, tightened it, and all was good. On my truck it comes off the front terminal on the driver side battery.

And Wild1, I am pretty sure XP built the flatbed. As far as I know they built flatbeds for all the campers they built (about 60), as well as a few flatbed-only jobs. I have one with a camper on it.
Thank you for the suggestions! Yes, I owned #52 I believe it was

Dogbird

Thanks for the great information. I currently am running a 2018 CCSB 3500 diesel with a Northern Lite 8-11 camper. The truck sits at 7700 pounds and with the camper and a full load of gear we push into the 12,000 pound range. This truck would work great with my camper but it really depends on wether the truck can handle 4000 plus pounds and stay within the rear axle capacity of the tires.
My rig, when I was running a camper, came in at 14,000 lbs. Handles it like a champ. The cab/chassis arrangement is tough

Dogbird

I have not weighed this without the camper. But when I have the camper, I weighed 14k lbs. I could also tow a 14k # trailer with no problem

Dogbird

I have not weighed this without the camper. But when I have the camper, I weighed 14k lbs. I could also tow a 14k # trailer with no problem
I had custom leafs built by Deaver 'after' removing the camper. The thing rides like a Cadillac! Worse case scenario is you have to put in stiffer leafs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998