Ram beats Ford, this time

haven

Expedition Leader
http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests...ad_cab_vs_ford_f_150_xlt_supercab_comparison/

Truck Trend compared 2013 Ford and Ram V6-powered "half ton" pickups with mid level trim packages. While the Ford was good, the Ram was better in most categories. The Ram's 8 speed automatic received high praise. The Ram's interior also was found to be a little more convenient than the Ford.

Both trucks had very good mpg results. The Ford produced 21.3 mpg during the test, including some miles carrying a 1000 lb load. Under the same conditions, the Ram averaged 23.6 mpg, more than 10% better. The Ram had consistently quicker acceleration, as well.

Both Ford and Ram had payload ratings greater than 1500 lb, making these entry level models real "3/4 ton" trucks.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Love the dodge shifter...super duper only 1 choice of drive. Too funny.

What really blows my mind: SOMEONE actually thought that was a GOOD idea! And noone else on the design team slapped him upside the head with a frozen mackeral. Pretty much a red flag right there. Who comes up with this stuff??? No "flash to pass" on my GM control stalk, who's idea was that?
-
Do Chrysler and GM engineers even drive these things before building them? They seriously need a mumbling race driver from Finland on thier design team.
-
Makes you wonder what other dumb #$$ stuff they have under the hood that we can't see. Don't really care what the mags say, I'll wait until I can drive one myself and maybe some trustworthy friends can "guniea pig" the new rides 1st.
-
I just hope the Dodges get more reliable, and rust free, so that the competition brings down the prices of the other trucks. I just towed home a trailer, from 2 states away, when a friends Dodge AC compressor failed and sent the truck into failure mode, then it eventually died and wouldn't start! We ditched it and the Mechanic that picked it up only swapped the compressor and belt. "Why did something so minor shut the whole truck down?" "Don't know sir, Dodges do weird stuff sometimes." He's most likely trading it in, might be an intermittant ECM fault. but either way, being stranded deepwoods in Hills Have Eyes, Bigfoot Indiana ain't no fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears