Rambo: 2004 E350 EB 4x4 6.0 Argentina Bound

Hi everyone...I've been quiet on this forum but I've been busy gathering ideas and information for you all. You might remember when I posted looking for advice on whether I should buy a big ambulance. Well I bought it, converted it into an adventure camper and myself and my wife are 2000km in to a 9 month journey from Newfoundland, Canada to Argentina! We're currently in Harrisonburg, Virginia.

You can follow us here:
http://adventureontap.org
http://www.facebook.com/adventureontap

Here are the details on the van:

Before/after
image.jpg

2004 Ford E350 EXT Ambulance Conversion
Quigley 4x4 conversion
6.0 power stroke diesel

Upgrades from UJOR (thanks, Chris)
Sinister EGR delete kit
Blue fuel spring upgrade
Custom econo tune from DP tuner
Scan gauge II
Auto meter EGT gauge

POWER
2 x 100 W Renogy solar panels
30 AMP charge controller
2 deep cycle house batteries
1500 W sine wave inverter

LIGHTING
30 inch LED light bar
Interior LED lights

NAVIGATION/COMMUNICATION
Ipad mini 4G with RAM mount
SPOT messenger GEN2
Bad Boy Extreme + unleashed internet system

EXTERIOR
Custom rear bumper with dual swing outs
Custom load bars on roof
BFG All Terrain T/A 285/70/17
ARB 2500 awning
Star craft awning window 15 x 30”

INTERIOR CONVERSION
Walls and ceiling insulated with Reflectix and one inch foil back batt insulation
Vinyl flooring
Ceiling and headliner reupholstered with vinyl
Custom bed frame/storage compartment accommodates four 100L storage bins and holds a double mattress
Custom cabinet accommodates an ARB 12 V/120 V fridge/freezer, portable toilet, bar sink, 11 gallon fresh water tank and grey water tank and whale water foot pump
Custom made kitchen box attached to side barn door stores all kitchen essentials and used as a platform for propane stove/BBQ
6 LB aluminum propane tank
5 lb steel propane tank

Here are a few more pics:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'll work on getting some interior pics in the next couple days.

Cheers,

Robbie

Last edited:

ober27

Adventurer
Van looks fantastic! I look forward to following your trip via your blog, and hopefully here on expo.
Good luck.

flightcancled

Explorer
Wow I love it! Why didn't you black out the bumper too? Is there a new one coming? That would set it completely over the edge!

I keep thinking I want a type 2 ambo too...

Wow I love it! Why didn't you black out the bumper too? Is there a new one coming? That would set it completely over the edge!

I didn't realize how bad that looks until you pointed it out! It was just one of those jobs that stayed at the bottom of the priority list and it wasn't preventing us from leaving so it didn't get done, but maybe I'll grab a can of black bumper paint and do it on the road.

Last edited:

shachagra

Adventurer
Looking forward to hearing about the trip. I did a year traveling Europe and Asia with the family in an International 7500 chassis MH and have recently come into an E350 much like yours that I am excited about now that the children are (almost) gone. I'll be taking notes and hope to follow within 3 years!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman