ramcharger build

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
8c575c1e9d9ce70d6ffdeac6342b1fe6.jpg

Are you going to swap the Grade 5 hardware out for Grade 8 for some metallurgic insurance?

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Dude...

After seeing this:

attachment.php

I am officially changing your handle to:

dangerf.jpg

[I have NO idea why vBulletin posted the pic in the body of the message and also made it into an attachment. I suspect Chazz and his "weekend upgrades" are secretly working for the NSA.]

Attachments

• rammer.jpg
    rammer.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 487

98dango

Expedition Leader
No actually 8 is the wrong bolt to use hear. A grade 8 bolt is not a shear bolt we'll it is. In a side load a grade 8 bolt will shear off I would rather they bent than shear off.

98dango

Expedition Leader
What you don't think my rti ramp is safe. Ya its probably not but handy for shock measuring.

98dango

Expedition Leader
OK today I want to get the rear bumper on I am not 100% on my tire swing but I need bumpers. At the request of my wife I will be reusing the bumper off her scout. It's heavy and has a step so I'll use it.

98dango

Expedition Leader
With a move not far off we sold swapped and scrapped some rigs. Now down to 3 basic rigs ramcharger wife's blazer and my superduty. We plan to make the ramcharger the dedicated camping rigs with some thing like this in along run.

6a07019cabda26c4bc6a3142a9836f3a.jpg

4d8fcca8a0209d67e1123e703ad574a7.jpg

2fa320836981dcb2b73effbfde1a9d8d.jpg

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Could you adapt an 'expanding van topper' and keep the roof? Otherwise, yeah, a camper would be fun. :ylsmoke:

98dango

Expedition Leader
That was our first thought. Make a high top like a van or suburban and may still end up there. Now that is it's 100% camping and exploring rig it opens a lot of options.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I'm thinking of doing modifications to this camper and mounting on my ramcharger. Not my usual way to not start from scratch but might be easier and I have it.

attachment-9.jpeg

attachment-7.jpeg

98dango

Expedition Leader
This project is not dead in case you all wondering. The camper mount is just to much work for the gain. How ever it is getting a new address and a new life. Still with me I will be driving the 2200 miles to Benson Arizona. It will be a 100% back country truck.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well boys and girls I was officially truck jacked by my lovely wife. After selling her Tahoe she has been on the search for the right rig to replace it 4 months 300 test drives she stole my set of keys and put girly plates on it. So the poor over built ramcharger is now going to get its life as a grocery getting locked front and rear beach and mountain cruzer on 38s. I'm sure it will now see much more love and I ever planed for it. First order of the wife is new bumpers and steps.

zoomad75

K5 Camper guy
As they say: Happy wife, Happy life. A wife that digs a Ramcharger is rare to say the least. I know my wife won't be stealing the keys to my K5 anytime soon. Then again she needs a step to get in an out and being a stick it's not that easy for her to drive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman