Random dog shots

lostagain

Observer
This is gunner, he's a 4 year old pitbull that thinks he's a cat lol

juhesahu.jpg

ege6ahy6.jpg

takesiteasy

Adventurer
I hate to dampen the spirit of this enjoyable thread, but I learned today my dog has cancer. She's been sick for many weeks but it just took some time to pinpoint what the cause was. We are leaving this Friday to do the Mojave Road and Death Valley. I expect it will be her last road trip and how she has loved to travel. (snip photo)

2008 FJ Cruiser expedition ready and off-road trailer with RTT.

Condolences to you. I have been through that with a golden that looked very similar. I hope you have a good trip and make some good memories.

DetroitDarin

Scratching a 10 year Itch
I hate to dampen the spirit of this enjoyable thread, but I learned today my dog has cancer. She's been sick for many weeks but it just took some time to pinpoint what the cause was. We are leaving this Friday to do the Mojave Road and Death Valley. I expect it will be her last road trip and how she has loved to travel.

I am so sorry Ace. How aweful - seems like she's had a great life. Thanks for loving her.

fowldarr

Explorer
Picture won't post....stay tuned

Had to take my 12 year old beagle to the vet because he wasn't feeling well. This was how he greeted the vet, tail wagging and all. Like telling my mechanic about that 'funny noise'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2 E L O

Adventurer
Thank you! You have a very Noble-looking Pup! Mixed with Retriever of some sort maybe? No matter - she's beautiful
Thanks! We haven't been able to figure out what she's mixed with. She seems about 90%+ vizsla...Coloring, size, stature, temperament, and she is a natural when working the fields for birds and pointing. All the retriever/vizsla mixes I've seen have had the black skin/noses with the red fur. Ours has the skin/nose and eyes to match the fur just like a purebred V, she just has an undercoat instead of short hair like the purebred. Yellow lab/vizsla mix was a thought, but she's much too slender for that. She seems just slightly more slender than most purebred vizslas seem to be. She usually hovers between 40-42 lbs... It's almost like she's a purebred shorthaired mixed with a purebred wirehaired vizsla, I just find it really hard to believe anyone would do that... We got her from the Humane Society when she was only about 8 weeks old and they didn't have a back story or any history on her...

Last edited:

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I hate to dampen the spirit of this enjoyable thread, but I learned today my dog has cancer. She's been sick for many weeks but it just took some time to pinpoint what the cause was. We are leaving this Friday to do the Mojave Road and Death Valley. I expect it will be her last road trip and how she has loved to travel.
a4ebe8yt.jpg

And it was. I had to put her down April 21. Our memories and her ashes will continue to travel with me for a long time.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
And it was. I had to put her down April 21. Our memories and her ashes will continue to travel with me for a long time.

Sorry to hear this, Ace. Remember that all dogs go to heaven.

Here are a couple of recent ones of the Wundermutt:

The new perch in the new Jeep
004_zps60b34282.jpg

Walking on scrud at low tide while the girls yelled, "eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww".
McKaskeyCreek077_zps1e0c8294.jpg

Training my wife to throw a stick
158_zpsa5f800dd.jpg

And this is Pickles.
Jessi wasn't along with me when I went out to meet Stu's Ride Across Georgia. So I recruited another forum member's dog for clean-up duty.
Little dog; formidable tongue.
027_zpsfea2850f.jpg

takesiteasy

Adventurer

Sorry to hear. Glad you got a last trip in. Goldens are great dogs. Lost our first to old age and the second to cancer. Third one, Rocky, is still going strong at 10 years. Good memories with all of them.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
We have 2 great dogs and have always wanted to take them on trips but with them it just doesn't work. One is a pit mix rescue so he is scared of a lot of people and you don't want a nervous dog trying to always meet new people and dogs. The other is a beagle and would be perfect, she loves everyone and everything (she has been the best thing for our rescue) but she gets badly car sick. We'll we decided go get a new puppy, we had been talking about it for a while and finally did. She will hopefully be our new dog that we can take on all our adventures. Plus one of the big problems with taking one of our other dogs was that we didn't want to have to leave one alone. We have a big yard with tons of toys and space to play so they are happy out there as long as their not alone.

Here's some pics of our new puppy Mercy
304e6eb78da57deabf071b522bd3b4e0_zps58ea6701.jpg

7b52e04c8a8d555bd6640b31ec9e79eb_zpsf3bcdef2.jpg

2791eff5dc7af729ab4f4b90c767952b_zpsf2bbd16a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998