Random musings from a series owner

Wander

Expedition Leader
I took the old girl on a road trip saturday-and she made it! As I was being passed by traffic and noticing the many looks of curiosity and those of wonderment from young kids I realized something.

When I was that young kid in the back seat of my parents boring sedan the sight of something unique did wonders to pass the time. Those memories are still with me and now I am the guy in the old truck.

You would think that as I am slowing the progress of this hurry up world along the highway I would receive rude gestures and angry looks of the passers by-but I notice smiles and "what is that" looks from the other motorist-I also get many thumbs up.

Who would think an old truck would brighten someone elses day? I'll have to remember these things when she's not running well or I can't quite figure out why "X" is happening.

brushogger

Explorer
I know what you mean. I used to own a Haflinger and owned a BMW Isetta for 1 1/2 days. Driving those 2 rigs were some of the most fun I ever had on the road. Talk about strange looks!

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I get lots of looks in my 2004. I think anything that is not bread and butter gets looks. Riced out compacts notwithstanding since they're all the same.

Sirocco

Explorer
one of the little pleasures series owners can enjoy :)

Even here in the UK my 2a lightweight gets a lot of looks and smiles. I especially like it when you get a smile and a nod from the old fella's. I wonder what they are thinking when they see a younger chap (27) behind the wheel?

G

salve7

Adventurer
When I took my series 2a 109 for its first test drive after sitting most of the summer I got a few neighbors running out to see what was going on, but the best was when we found a wasps nest in the back mid ride and had to bail feet from some lady's trailor. I didn't even know there were people living there but they came running out right as we were escaping the rover flailing our arms around our heads yelling "BEES". We were literally inches from her "house". It was kinda funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12