Random Scenic Shots

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Thanks. Many of my night sky captures have not lived up to my expectations. I finally grew a pair and cranked up the ISO to 6400 for this shot. With my past equipment ISO 6400 would produce a noisy mess. The 5DMK III handles it just fine. :victory: Now to find another dark sky with better foreground to take this to the next level.

My T2i makes enough noise at 3200. I am hoping to step up to a 70D by the end of the year.

Pathfinder

Adventurer
I doubt the 70D will be noise free at ISO 3200 either, mine certainly isn't....

Not sure how it compares to the T2i though.

For star shots NoiseWare might be a big help with noise.

Here another view from Hunts Mesa - you can't always count on this kind of sky in Monument Valley though the first image was shot on April 29, 2010

Monument%20Valley%20Hunts%20Mesa%201229-1-XL.jpg

It can look like this at times. This was shot on the 1st of May, 2010

route%20160%20%20Page%20to%20Kayenta%20%20snow%20storm%20-0151-XL.jpg

Last edited:

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Gee some great shots lately, I've been inactive here and with photography in general for ages so I've been catching up.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Here's a couple frames from the northwest shore of Lake Superior from a recent visit

sunset%20Lake%20Superior%20--XL.jpg

sunset%20Lake%20Superior%20islands%20--X2.jpg

That by the Apostles?

Blackdawg,
I made my first attempt at one of the star trail shots too. I was too impatient to sit and let it do it's thing though. I think I made it @ 3 minutes but it was starting to work.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
That by the Apostles?

Blackdawg,
I made my first attempt at one of the star trail shots too. I was too impatient to sit and let it do it's thing though. I think I made it @ 3 minutes but it was starting to work.

Hahaha yea you gotta let it go for a lot longer then that haha but I mean not a ton

This is 30 star images or so I think which is about 15 mins. I got cut short due to clouds.

SOSMeet-30.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Vs this which is about 100 star photos.

Stars n tent by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Could have done a lower iso on the second one to not get overwhelmed with stars. But came out nice.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Hahaha yea you gotta let it go for a lot longer then that haha but I mean not a ton

This is 30 star images or so I think which is about 15 mins. I got cut short due to clouds.

SOSMeet-30.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Vs this which is about 100 star photos.

Stars n tent by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Could have done a lower iso on the second one to not get overwhelmed with stars. But came out nice.

I couldn't help it. I had been messing with my night settings around my house but it just isn't there. I was running around snapping sooo many!

10470818_10201468099544968_414676096848076971_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12