Random shots from my last roll of film

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Thought I'd share some shots. I've been snapping a few pictures here and there but not much with my 35mm. Just got this roll developed and thought some of the pictures were cool. Enjoy..

1. Afternoon hike in the mountains surrounding Hinterux, Austria. I followed this trail up to near treeline where I came out at a hut complete with bavarian type music being played and sunshine breaking through the thick clouds. I had a great meal there and enjoyed a cappucino as the clouds broke to reveal the stunning view of the valley.
2. Partway up I came across this farmer's cabin. When the cows are up in the higher country grazing they apparently stay here to watch after them.
3. View from my hotel room in the village of Hintertux. The weather was pretty crappy for the first week I was there. This was in the end of September too btw.
4. This is the view from the deck of the restaraunt that is at the top of the second tram from town. 1 more tram takes you to the top of the Hintertux Glacier where we were skiing.
5. The view down towards a lake on the Italian side of the range from the edge of the Hintertux Glacier. HUGE vertical.
6. A coworker setting up timing at the bottom of the glacier for our training session. Note the surface conditions. Typically this time of year here brings some fresh dustings of snow that keeps the glacier looking pretty white. Record warmth and lack of precipitation this past summer had the entire glacier looking black. Despite the fact that this was morning, you could see the meltwater and lack of hardened surface. The Alps are a place where you can really see the effect of global warming on the glaciers. To see one, and just how much it has receded in person really makes you think.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
more...

1. Local farmer would milk his cows every morning, then bring the fresh milk over to our hotel for our breakfasts. Doesn't get much fresher then that.

2-4 Shots of town. They use every inch of land for farming, even the steep valley sides. The grass is so incredibly green, even at this time of year. The pride that they take in everything is always present. Every home in just about every village is addorned with flowers on the balcony's and everything is very clean. Its a great experience getting to stay there. I fondly remember falling to sleep every night to the sound of the cow bells ringing on the hillside next to my hotel. Good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior