Random Snow Rig Pics

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
I decided to take a little drive up to Munds Park AZ to check out the snow. There was about 12 inches of snow on average and some areas with more. Unfortunately every single Forrest Service road I could find was closed and gated, but we were still able to drive a decent distance into the the Forrest. The truck did well and I used 4Hi mostly with the exception of one stretch of Forrest road that has some pretty deep snow which is where I used 4Lo. After driving as far as we were allowed to, we went for about a 2 mile hike which was awesome to just completely get away from everyone and everything and be surrounded by nothing by snow.

pc180005.jpg

pc180015.jpg

pc180013.jpg

pc180026.jpg

pc180034.jpg

pc180037.jpg

pc180016.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Are you happy with those KM2's in the snow?

Cypher said:
I decided to take a little drive up to Munds Park AZ to check out the snow. There was about 12 inches of snow on average and some areas with more. Unfortunately every single Forrest Service road I could find was closed and gated, but we were still able to drive a decent distance into the the Forrest. The truck did well and I used 4Hi mostly with the exception of one stretch of Forrest road that has some pretty deep snow which is where I used 4Lo.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Still waiting to get out in the snow this season, but these are from last season up on Cobb Mt., ca

We were just tooling around in Boggs Forest
PC280099-1.jpg

And back in the driveway after Boggs
PC280067-1.jpg

We don't really get much snow up in Cobb. We have to go up to Tahoe for the real stuff.

-m

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
nwoods said:
Are you happy with those KM2's in the snow?

Very happy actually... This was the first time I have had the KM2s in the snow and I was very impressed. They did much better than the BFG KMs and BFG ATs which i have had before. While in Munds Park I found a snow packed icy paved road for the specific reason of testing the tires on that surface as well. I was very comfortable with traction at all times. They did exceptionally well getting through 12 inches of snow on a dirt forrest road, wet heavy snow, and very powder like snow. Of course they really shined in the slushy mud, but that is to be expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger