Rare Combination from Equipt: 2001 Toyota Tundra SR5 4X4 V8, 8' Bed, w/FWC Grandby 8' Camper

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
2001 Toyota Tundra SR5 4X4 V8 w/ Four Wheel Grandby Pop-Up Camper - VERY RARE combo package with an amazing maintenance history!

This is an exciting opportunity to own a rare and meticulously maintained low-mileage V8 Toyota Tundra and a Four Wheel Pop-Up Camper that was recently acquired from the original owner of 20 years.

"Here is a little back story on this vehicle. A retired couple came into Equipt, looking at options for their new Toyota 3rd Gen Tundra. Campers, tents and such. Our staff asked about the truck they were moving up from, and it was actually with them that day. They said they bought this 2001 Gen 1 Tundra brand new, and put a 2001 FWC Grandby camper in the back the same year. They travelled the southwest and the US in the truck, and loved it. They took great care of it, and kept incredible old school pencil to paper flow chart records of its maintenance. All work on the truck as at the local Toyota dealer, and very up to date. I looked at it, and knew it was an impressive combo. Very rare, absolutely clean Gen 1 Tundra with a 4.7L V8 and an 8’ bed, with an even more rare 8’ mid size FWC Ranger camper. It fits like a glove. They made that model for 3 years. So I bought it, with the intention of adding it to a rental division of the company that we were investigating as an option. We’ve since decided not to pursue that option, and it would be a shame for this to sit around our shop. An unintended quick turn around of this great combo. Is it perfect? No. A few things need attention. The headliner and soft wall set are solid, but ready for some love. The biggest concern in these campers are the folding panels at each end of the interior soft wall, but these are in great shape! The truck is ready to go! No issues we know of at all, and only 118K on the odometer. Timing belt already done. So if you are looking for a turnkey truck and camper, available now, seriously consider this option." Paul May

This 2001 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4 with 4.7l V8 was purchased new at Karl Malone Toyota dealership here in Utah. The original owners also outfitted their new Tundra with a new 2001 Four Wheel Grandby Camper. The vehicle retains its original window sticker and detailed service record notes. Also notice the excellent AutoCheck report (with rating) on this auction. With only 118,400 current miles, this truck shows it was very much cared for and stored indoors. The last major service was handled in January of this year in which all fluids were changed, and a tune-up was completed (just 1,000 miles ago). Documentation of a timing belt service at 91k is also noted.

The truck runs great and with no issues. The automatic transmission shifts smooth and properly. There are no leaks and no engine smoke of any type. The air conditioning blows nice and cold. The brakes work flawlessly and the recently upgraded OEM Tacoma wheels and new tires add a nice, updated look to the classic truck. The original Toyota tailgate is included as well.

As you can see, this original paint is shiny and well cared for. With a recent polish, the paint shows very well with only the normal few chips up front on the hood that have been once touched up. There are a couple of small superficial dings on the side, but they are barely noticeable. The paint is smooth to the touch. There are no known accidents or paint work.

The original interior in gray/blue is in excellent condition as well. The dash has no cracks, all glass is perfect, and the carpet is in very good condition with what is believed to be the factory carpeted floor mats that were listed on the original window sticker as an $64 option. The interior has not been smoked in and smells clean. The seats are in excellent condition with no tears.

In addition, a 2001 Four Wheel Grandby Pop-Up Camper is mated the back of the truck. This particular model is an 8’ unit and it fits the truck like a glove as the truck bed is also 8’. These coveted campers are rugged and built for real-world use. If you know truck campers, you know the Four Wheel brand. This particular camper is in great condition and features sleeping for 3 adults, a two-burner stove with 5-gallon propane tank, 12-gallon fresh water tank and sink,110V system w/converter, roof vent, and various compartments for storage. The unit itself has a dry weight of only 780 lbs.

The camper shows some signs of use, but overall is in great condition. The interior is clean and odor-free and is free of any tears or rips. The headliner and soft wall set are in used condition and have been treated with a seam-sealer. While solid, they could use some care to make it perfect. The folding panels in the camper are in great shape. The aluminum exterior is in great condition with just a couple small dings on the passenger side rear of the camper (approx. 1.5” wide). The side stripes (grey metallic) were a little faded so new black vinyl striping was recently added.

If you made it this far, you seem interested, and I would invite you to watch a recent 9-minute walk-around video and test drive which can be viewed on YouTube here:

We are offering this vehicle right now on EBay as a 2001 Toyota Tundra. The auction goes until Sunday evening, June 13th.
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600 (9).jpg
s-l1600 (12).jpg
s-l1600 (14).jpg

Thank you

Last edited:

Equipt

We have made a correction to our listing. Originally, we had the camper listed as a Ranger model. Our friends at FWC informed us that the model we have is a Grandby model, still available from FWC. There is not markation on the camper, and we incorrectly identified this camper with FWC when we purchased the unit. We have corrected our write up on this listing, and the EBay auction. My apologies for the confusion.

Thanks

Equipt

WOW! is this at the shop? I may have to make a trip to the city this weekend.
Yes it is. We have it on display in our showroom. We are hosting a Rigs and Coffee event this Saturday, from 10 to noon. You are more than welcome to come see it then. Our traditional office hours are 9-5:30, M-F.

Thanks

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
That's an unusually neat combo. A friend found a T-100 in the same configuration and 4x4.
Somebody's going to get a nice relatively simple,reliable truck and camper.

TravelsWithRalph

Adventurer
Wish I was closer to check it out. I may be bias but I think the first gen tundra's with the 4.7 v8 are the best truck ever made for regular folks. Mine is at 268,000 of all sorts of travels from daily, xcoutry, trailer towing, trails, washboards, beaches and snow. From Maine to Texas to California and back (a couple times) it has served me well. (it does suffer for air at over 10,000 feet though)
If it was Access Cab, I'd be all over it as my lower milage replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998