RE-introduction, back in a Land Rover again

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
i'm working on designing a hidden winch mount that will go behind the stock bumper. just need some time to rip off the front bumper and build it.

pokeyYJ

Observer
Alan Bates at www.rockrover.com makes a stout winch bumper with or without extra brushguard. He also makes a killer rear bumper.

http://www.rockrover.com/bumper.htm
p1245header.jpg

brush1small.jpg

now if I can just win the lottery....

I have seen Alan's work before and I love it!! I too need to win the lottery because I want his full protection package, front bumper with brush gaurd, rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, and sliders... drooolll

i'm working on designing a hidden winch mount that will go behind the stock bumper. just need some time to rip off the front bumper and build it.

Post some pictures when you get it built!

I found a link showing how to modify a D2 ARB bumper to fit the P38, if I find a cheap used one I would try that for sure.

On a side note, I got my ABS accumulator replaced on wednesday. My pump probably is a bit weak though, I can hear it run about every 6 brake pedal depressions. But I am going to run it and wait for it to kick the bucket.

Next up, replace the leaking radiator. :victory:

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
check out my site. i did a write up on the radiator replacement.

not to hard. i did use a vacuum coolant bleeder to bleed all the air out of the system. the heater will cook you out of the vehicle now. wow!:Wow1:

PKG P38

Observer
looks great!

i'm new to the P38 as well but so far i love mine even though i bought it with a few minor issues that needed addressed. my buddy picked up one a few months ago and i loved driving it so much i hated giving up the keys everytime so i got my own.

so now we have two. at least one will (hopefully) be in good order if the other one breaks :D

that said, so far with his, its been dead on reliable after several months of daily driving.

pokeyYJ

Observer
looks great!

i'm new to the P38 as well but so far i love mine even though i bought it with a few minor issues that needed addressed. my buddy picked up one a few months ago and i loved driving it so much i hated giving up the keys everytime so i got my own.

so now we have two. at least one will (hopefully) be in good order if the other one breaks :D

that said, so far with his, its been dead on reliable after several months of daily driving.

Thanks!

I still am needing to do the radiator, but have had some Vet bills come up that have put the radiator on the back burner. Once I get that knocked down I will be looking at doing some taller springs, longer shocks on custom mounts and new front and rear drive shafts and then switching to 235/85R16's

spikemd

Explorer
looks great!

Welcome to the club. They are great trucks and I see more people are picking them up cheap, fixing a few minor issues and hitting the trail. They are quite capable in stock form.

Pokey - Why are you getting new driveshafts? Is it due to the extra height from the lift? I have heard you are good up to a 4 inch lift with the stock shafts. What are you going with? Great Basin Rovers and Lucky8 has some.

Eventually, I will going with the GenIII bags and extended shocks, but not anytime soon...

pokeyYJ

Observer
Pokey - Why are you getting new driveshafts? Is it due to the extra height from the lift? I have heard you are good up to a 4 inch lift with the stock shafts. What are you going with? Great Basin Rovers and Lucky8 has some.

Eventually, I will going with the GenIII bags and extended shocks, but not anytime soon...

Ya, I am planning on being about 3.75 total lift after the springs, and with that being right on the edge, I would feel more comfortable taking away that weak point. I am planning on using the GBR shafts, I work at a LR dealership in Utah and we have a pretty good connection with Bill.

pokeyYJ

Observer
Well, last night I replaced the radiator with a new OEM part. That was a super simple job, took me about an hour from the time I pulled it onto the rack until I was pulling out of the shop.

So nice to have a non-leaking cooling system! Hopefully now it will be just driving it for a while without having to do any repairs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger