rear bumper recommendations

chadjodi

2013 jk rub unlimited. I need a rear bumper with tire carrier that will also allow a gobi stealth rack. 35 inch tires. need a 3rd brake light and I would like it to be easy to install.

mrshish

Observer
I'm running the AEV rear bumper and I think it meets all your requirements. I also have the Gobi rack and they make a special bracket to mount to the AEV bumper. It took some time to install but I did it myself so nothing too hard.

rubicon91

Explorer
I have a gen 4 LOD rear bumper and they do make a third brake light extension so you can use your brake light still. I like it and I have the trail rack to go with it. Going to be adding in the gas can mounts to it coming up. I am pretty sure you can use a gobi with it. I am planning that as well in the future but again not sure.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Pretty sure you can use the Gobi with any non full length bumper which wraps around the sides. The AEV is an exception, as they make brackets for it.

I'll be getting the Gobi as well, and personally I'll probably get a LOD. Full width if it will work, mid/shorty if not.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I have a Smittybilt Atlas rear bumper for the fuel can carrying ability. When it came time for a roof rack last month I went with the MRBP/OCF rack and basket. It doesn't limit what bumper you use.

SamM

Adventurer
My Jeep MOAB came stock with the AEV bumpers. I will also be using the Gobi rack. My rear bumper is at Line-X getting coated to match my factory rock rails. The dealer tech drilled holes in my rear bumper when the 7-pin connector was installed. I had to cut that crap off and fix the hole. The biggest reason for the Line-X. The front bumper is next. I may even get the Gobi coated.

SamM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle