Rear door hinge on DII

rismail01

Observer
Does anyone here know if the rear door hinges on Disco can be replaced? I can see that the lower one has 2 pop-rivet from the outside but I have not removed the door panel yet. Thanks is advance

Ray

rismail01

Observer
Really need help here - the rear door was "hyper-extended" by a 40 mph wind gust this past SUN and the lower hinge bent enough to force the 3/4" mis alignment between door and latch. Thanks.

dcarr1971

Adventurer
I've never had to do it myself (yet), but I've been told that the hinges can either be re-adjusted, or replaced. From what I've read, it's generally a 2 man job due to the size and weight of the door, but it can be done by one person if you're able to take the weight off the hinges using a jack or some other tool...

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
I unbolted both mine and persueded them back into shape with a large lump hammer

I left mine open and went arround a corner - so similar over extension

Don't remember any pop rivets - but it was good few years back---so maybe wrong easy job

bmxer06pa

Adventurer
I just did mine a few weeks ago. You take off the door panel and there are 4 bolts on the inside as well as the rivets on the outside. I did it by myself using a garbage can to support the door(I took off the tire to ease the pressure). Took about 45 mins in total. I totally removed and replaced one hinge before doing the second to help support the door as well. A piece of advice I was given that was quite helpful is to trace your hinges with a sharpie first to make it easier to realign the new hinges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online