Rear rack setups

(none)

Adventurer
What kind ya looking for? I'd like to find one that has the small rack above the spare tire but works with my teraflex tire carrier.

I have a hitch mounted rack as well. I modified a folding one to fold down, so i could open the rear door with it on. Still a pain though, as the door will not fully open if much is strapped to the rack, and since i have the terraflex carrier, the rear window won't open until the rear door is fully open. might be better with a soft top though.

crusaderJK

Adventurer
DSC_1806.jpgDSC_1809.jpgDSC_1812.jpg

I have the Bestop tailgate rack bracket in combination with jscherb's tailgate reinforcement.

Didn't buy the rack basket and made my own.
I also replaced the bolts on the tailgate rack with eye bolts and wing nuts. That way I can remove the cargo platform without tools.

Evergreen12

Observer
In for the tech as we're potentially looking into a rear carrier as well. For us it's really more out of necessity for one family trip we have coming up. Probably won't get used long-term as it'll interfere with the AEV tire carrier we want to go with later on. I looked into the hitch-mounted options but they kill access to the rear and that kills that option.

Tight_wad

Adventurer
I been looking at the Garvin & Bestop. They mount to the gate, out holes for tire carrier. Garvin looks nice, but just over 400. Bestop is just over 200, rack seems a bit large and not sure I'd like plastic.

I would also like to mount fuel cans (jerry or rotopak) and a 5lb lp tank.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OlScratch

I was just out taking the trash out and grabbed you some shots of our bestop rear rack setup. Sits just above a 35" tire on the or-fab carrier. Works perfectly.
afa07891d346c70f12ff94b0d0105187.jpg
01b2a1b252be91f55181aade101cae25.jpg

4126ff6c9334cf9481811d7c1bd2fea0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOguy

Explorer
I and a a hitch reciever and cross bar added between my roll bars and use a reciever rack.
d7a2d5d2-579a-4c45-8ad9-f346c494c479_zpsllmevidc.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

cropped%20jack_zpseblr58ab.jpg

Last edited:

rubicon91

Explorer
I have an LOD rear bumper with the trail rack. I love it but it is only compatible with the LOD bumper so I doubt that will give you any help at all. But here it is anyways!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 50

jscherb

Expedition Leader
One I use often when I don't want the other rack mounted to the tailgate, this one straps to the spare:

BullCanyon1_zps8emoxnye.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
LoD Gen 4

Similar setup, only with the LoD Gen 4.
Added an LED CHMSL to the bottom rack bar, and ran the wiring through the tubing to keep it clean - out of harms way.
Rightline Gear makes a nice water resistant bag (they say water proof...) that fits well.
The rack is also a great place to haul firewood. Keeping bugs, bark and sap out of the vehicle. :victory:
This rack gets used every time we go off road. :)

Attachments

• Rightline-bag-1.jpg
    Rightline-bag-1.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Day-2-Views.jpg
    Day-2-Views.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 47

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
I hacked a hitch-mount rack to carry a couple jerry cans up on the bumper. Cheap solution but adds a couple minutes to disassemble to open the rear door. I only use it when absolutely necessary.

20151118_081137.jpg

20151024_112823.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179

Members online