Reattaching a D2 rearview mirror?

yubert

Explorer
My rearview mirror fell off the other day. I got some special rearview mirror adhesive to reattach it. However the instructions said to remove the "mounting button" from the mirror bracket.

On the back of the D2 mirror is a metal plate which I assume is the "button" but I don't see a set-screw. So how it it attached? How do I remove it? I don't want to break anything...

Thanks!

--Yubert

Aussie DII

Remvoal of Discovery DII rearview mirror attachment button

Thanks. Turns out that pad is only for D1's. The D2 is glued on. I found out the metal slug can b popped off the bracket using a thin screw driver.

Hi, it seems the "slug" that glues to the mirror on mine doesn't slide/pop-out? But I wonder if it is the same as yours & I am missing something? It is a rectangular shape as opposed to the more (blunt) arrow-shaped ones I have seen on youtube. There also isn't a hole or groove to put a thin screw-driver into. There is however a very small gap underneath it on each side.
Has anyone got a suggestion, please as the glue won't hold the weight of the full mirror for the glue to set? :Wow1:
Thanx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998