Recommendations?

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
A bit high priced but looks tidy.

An 80 is a way different vehicle than a Taco. I had a really nice Taco and liked it but my 80 is a way better truck in just about every way.

Cheers

NMC_EXP

Explorer
A bit high priced but looks tidy.

An 80 is a way different vehicle than a Taco. I had a really nice Taco and liked it but my 80 is a way better truck in just about every way.

Cheers

Except the 80 is not a truck.

You can haul manure in the back of a Tacoma without ill effects. Not a good idea in a Land Cruiser.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Except the 80 is not a truck.

You can haul manure in the back of a Tacoma without ill effects. Not a good idea in a Land Cruiser.

True enough, a truck has it's uses. I got 3 full sized ones though so for me the Cruiser is better.

Cheers

jgilbreath

Observer
I currently have a 99 access cab taco and am looking at getting something with four doors. I've looked at some 4runners, which i like as a platform, but the idea of an already built rig appeals to my wife. I have a small trailer for hauling manure so that is not a concern. The most common thing in the back of my truck is a mountain bike. I think for that prove i would be better off with a low mile third gen runner that i could then have money for mods

Upland80

Adventurer
I think $11,500 is completely reasonable for this LC. Is it the deal of the century...No, but with all the mods and knowing who this MUD member is, I think it's definitely a go at that price.

CYK

Adventurer
It's going to sell for its asking price so high priced is literally and figuratively a worthless opinion.

NMC_EXP

Explorer
True enough, a truck has it's uses. I got 3 full sized ones though so for me the Cruiser is better.

Cheers

No matter what other vehicles I have around, I'm not satisified unless there's a pickup truck in the fleet.

LifeOverland

Adventurer
I'd agree the price is a bit high for a rig with a bumper and lift. You could probably get just as nice of 'truck' on mud better built for the same $$.
If it's got all the records, updated maintenance and interior is in good shape, give it a look. Bought a stock locked LX all records, little higher miles but in perfect condition in SanAn last year for $6500.
Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sempertoy

Explorer
I'd agree the price is a bit high for a rig with a bumper and lift. You could probably get just as nice of 'truck' on mud better built for the same $$.
If it's got all the records, updated maintenance and interior is in good shape, give it a look. Bought a stock locked LX all records, little higher miles but in perfect condition in SanAn last year for $6500.
Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a fully built rig from a mud member, at least that's what a couple posts previous to yours say.

OP get on mud and see if it's listed cheaper. A lot of guys will put their trucks on the forum at a "mud price" which is usually 1-2k cheaper that their craigslist ad. You have to remember one thing about craigslist, people just things at a price they don't expect to get, so there is built in wiggle room. Never pay asking price for something on CL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zimm

Expedition Leader
just offer the guy what YOU think its worth, or what your limit is, if its all you got. its a used car. maybe he'll take it, maybe he'll negotiate, maybe he'll tell you to ****** off. if you havent researched these enough to get an idea of the going rate, you havent researched these enough to know if its the right rig you you, anyway.

dealing used cars is like being in a football poll. yea, sometimes the newbie hits the jackpot by guessing, but its usually the dude that does his homework that places in the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78