Recovery Ring: Review (Snatch Block/Pulley Block replacement)

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
We sat down with Andy Dacey to go over the new "Recovery Ring" from 7P. It's a synthetic line and soft shackle only pulley block with no moving parts. It's really more of a walk through than a full review since there is so little info out there we wanted to put something together.
Cheers!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Very cool item and I am super bummed I didn't grab one at Overland Expo West. Bad move on my part when I know these folks and can trust pretty much whatever they build.
Thanks for the video Tim.

s.e.charles

nice. fewer moving parts (for anything) is more better.

with climbing ropes, I believe there is a "weakening point" (for lack of more knowledge) every time the rope is shocked by a fall. is the same condition existing for soft shackles? do you only get 5 or 10 recoveries before they should be replaced?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
That's a good question @s.e.charles. Dyneema is subject to creep and eventual rupture like any fiber, but maybe service life (e.g. acceptable amount of elongation) is determined differently for a static line compared to dynamic ropes? Climbers keep a log but a simple number of falls isn't necessarily the right measure either since the magnitude and direction the fibers are loaded factors into wear and damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998

Members online