RED Scepter MFCs

jeeepguy

Adventurer
Just heads up, I've posted 2 red Scepter MFCs on Ebay if anyone is interested. Surprisingly, the auction price is still within reason.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120667355795

"Still within reason"... :xxrotflma

Within reason of what?? They originally sold for $40ea and the only reason you have them at auction is to drive up the price and gouge people. If that weren't the case you would set a price and sell them at that. Everyone has a right to make money but the sale of these cans has gotten ridiculous. :coffee:

coldwarkid

Observer
"Still within reason"... :xxrotflma

Within reason of what?? They originally sold for $40ea and the only reason you have them at auction is to drive up the price and gouge people. If that weren't the case you would set a price and sell them at that. Everyone has a right to make money but the sale of these cans has gotten ridiculous. :coffee:

Sorta sounds like your a troll. What are you the Ebay police?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Yes, the red ones are pretty much unobtainium these days. Prices on those? Pretty much a sellers market. Brand new and unused tan and green ones are rising in price as well...

Blame CARB and dot gov.

Expedition Leader
Supply and demand. If the buyer and the seller both agree on a price, then that is exactly what they are worth as of that minute.

jeeepguy

Adventurer
Yes, the red ones are pretty much unobtainium these days. Prices on those? Pretty much a sellers market. Brand new and unused tan and green ones are rising in price as well...

Blame CARB and dot gov.

Actually, I know a few "ex-dealers" that have hoarded several hundred of these and are waiting for the price to get where they want it to be ($100 or more per can). They won't sell them otherwise.

As for being a troll... lol... whatever. I stopped on the thread to see if someone was serious about selling the cans. Obviously I was wrong.

Green used cans at half the price are a WAY better purchase.

coldwarkid

Observer
Actually, I know a few "ex-dealers" that have hoarded several hundred of these and are waiting for the price to get where they want it to be ($100 or more per can). They won't sell them otherwise.

As for being a troll... lol... whatever. I stopped on the thread to see if someone was serious about selling the cans. Obviously I was wrong.

Relax dude, its just an Ebay auction.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey

I think I'll just have my father-in-Law ship me a couple more of the Canadian Tire Scepter 20L cans I have, $18 CDN plus shipping and they even have the California stamp on them!

$265 (when i just looked at them) is ridiculous! But, if there's a moron willing to bid that much, more power to them!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters

Who? We are at $135.50 on these ones so I'd say its time for them to be be 'serious' about selling them ;)

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I think I'll just have my father-in-Law ship me a couple more of the Canadian Tire Scepter 20L cans I have, $18 CDN plus shipping and they even have the California stamp on them!

If they have a California stamp on them, they are not the Scepters some are willing to pay a premium for. I can buy a consumer grade Scepter at the grocery store here in town but its like comparing a Rav4 to a Land Cruiser ;)

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
If they have a California stamp on them, they are not the Scepters some are willing to pay a premium for. I can buy a consumer grade Scepter at the grocery store here in town but its like comparing a Rav4 to a Land Cruiser ;)

Oh, I know they are not the same ones, but they work great, are quite solid (barely less than the military issue Scepter water cans I have) and don't leak a drop! For the apparent $190 discount, they suit me fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan

Members online