Red_5 gets a ZR2 and bolts some things on...

Great thread, very helpful as I'm ready to do some cargo management myself on 18 Z71 CC I just picked up. I'm leaning towards a bed rug myself. I really wanted a ZR2 and looked at one on showroom floor, but the back seat just didn't have enough leg room for my 3 kido's (one still in car seat).

Curious why you went with bed cover instead of topper? I think the topper can do more, but am concerned lack of visibility in rear view mirror could be a bit annoying. Also, does your bed have the LED lighting under the rail? If you do, have you looked into splitting the wiring to run a plug for something like a fridge?

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I just read your thread for the first time Red5 and I have to say its great to see you out there bashing that new truck off-road. I like your rack and other goodies you have installed. It looks like a capable truck that you are not afraid to enjoy. I am looking forward to seeing your future adventures and upgrades. Cheers, Chilli..:)

I think the ZR-2 is a serious alternative to the Tacoma. I have owned Toyota 4X4s since 1980 and I have to say, I think Toyota has a swing and a miss on the current generation Tacoma. If I was in the market for a mid size 4X4 the ZR 2 vs the Tacoma would be a tough choice to make. I did have a Chevy Blazer in the late 80s and for that reason I am still leery of GM quality. Hopefully the ZR 2 is comparable to Toyota now.

I do like your ZR 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman