Reducing Picture Size

Kilroy

Adventurer
This quote is from a comment in thread about White Rim Trail but thought it might be useful to others like myself. Thanks for this information, toyrunner95. "So easy a caveman can do it." Been trying to figure best way to do this for ages. Was ready to buy software just for this feature. Duh!

toyrunner95 said:
you can reduce an image in paint dude. open the image in paint then go to image and stretch skew. reduce the pixels by 50% till you are close then go incriment by incriment, the save the image as a NEW FILE, dont save over the original.

but thats how u do it.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Whenever I export photos from Lightroom, I select the "constrain image size" option, and set the size according to what I am doing. For forums, I usually set the max width and height to 640, but keep the aspect ratio. This way no matter if the image is in typical "landscape" orientation, or "portrait" orientation the images come out the right size. I only convert images from RAW to JPEG if I am going to do something with them (print, post, chop, etc).

Dirty Harry

Adventurer
I use Photorazor. It is free to download, you can resize a whole folder worth of photos at once without overwriting the originals, you can rotate images, and it will even tell you the shutter speed and aperture of your photo.

Robthebrit

Explorer
I use Easy Thumbs which is a free windows tool that does a really nice job. I also use the windows resizer.

Rob

Offroader5

Observer
I use Photoshop for all my picture editing and resizing. I usually resize them so that the widest dimension, whether it be height or width, is at 1024 px. Seems to be a nice size for both load times and monitor sizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears