Registration Fees

93Canter

Observer
Based on comments in another thread I thought it would be interesting to do a survey of what registration fees people pay around Australia or any of the other countries that participate?

In Canberra ACT, Australia for a 5 tonne FG439 my last renewal in Feb 2009 as a Mobile Home, the fee was $766 plus they also charged about $120 for an inspection which they do every 2nd year. This includes compulsory 3rd party insurance.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
I paid $75 USD this year for registration and $15 USD for inspection. Insurance (full coverage, liability, collision, comprehensive) has been running me around $375/annually. I'd absolutly HATE paying hundreds of dollars every year to keep my rig on the road, but I know many people in this country pay that much and more annually with newer expensive vehicles.

Spence

engineer

Adventurer
1 FG for us as commercial operators is just under 2k, seeming as though No business sense Bligh just got voted back in, we are bracing for an increase.

93Canter

Observer
I think business rates down here are about $2500 per annum and that is just as a truck, I presume carrying passengers means they would slug you for more.

I am curious to find out what NSW charges for a similar motor home, when I first registered in Canberra I new there was a concession, but no one could tell me what it was until it came time to pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger