REI fold out table.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Went to REI yesterday while roaming the local town center. I found REI's fold out table with a nice bamboo top. It stands 15" tall when set up. Closes up easily and lays flat. It's not bulky for my use since I have a teardrop trailer and can just throw it inside the cabin for storing when traveling. I have ARB chairs, so it may be a little short with those chairs but I have some low sitting fold out chairs I may use as well. I don't see it being an issue though.

I've been looking into an end table or something to use while hanging out under the awning to set drinks and a cigar ashtray on. Thought about just getting one of those cheap plastic patio tables from the local drug store but I had a gift card from REI and figured I'd get something nice.

Here's a pic of the table....

11372307_1597060950581555_256449806_n.jpg

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I don't know a lot about the wood tables that are out there but this one was 65 bucks. I've seen some nice ones before where they're like $100+ but I don't know which ones they were since I don't really follow camp furniture. I had a gift card so I had no problem spending 65 bucks.

The teardrop has a big counter space so I didn't need one of those bigger roll out tables for prepping food or whatever. Plus I usually just put the food in my lap when I'm eating at camp anyway.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I guess I could have linked the product from the site. Thanks for doing that!

I should have gotten a before pic before I opened it but didn't even think about it. When I close it, just put the cover on it and the corners slip under the cover and then I close it up and fold it up.

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
I picked up one last night. Rock solid and looking forward to using it to hold up my Yeti Rambler in two weeks.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Nice idea to use it in the tent.

I getting a Springbar tent for my birthday....that might be a nice addition to my glamping set-up.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
BTW I believe it is basically a rough copy of the Snow Peak table for less.

Pretty much. I can't stand Snow Peak these days. A majority of their things are always out of stock and only the little things are ever in stock and looks like it's all about being a "hipster" now with their gear. Or at least from their instagram page that's what it comes off as. -End of rant-

Honu

lost on the mainland
the snow peak out of stock is annoying :)
agree on the hipster crap !!!!!!!!! arrrrghhhhhhhh
lucky I dont care about that side only certain things IGT related or fire pit stuff etc...
but they could go the way of TNF and become more fashion since there is a huge amount of money in that

the snow peak table is about 1/3 the weight ? so you pay more for less weight :) the REI looks like a awesome buy for sure :)

motoz

Adventurer
Pretty much. I can't stand Snow Peak these days. A majority of their things are always out of stock and only the little things are ever in stock and looks like it's all about being a "hipster" now with their gear. Or at least from their instagram page that's what it comes off as. -End of rant-

I like the look of this table.
We own a lot of SP gear and although I don't agree with condemning a product because of the way it is marketed I share your 'Hipster' thoughts.

Slightly OT though I did read an article today that denotes the demise of the hipster though the replacement...

http://mashable.com/2015/06/09/post-hipster-yuccie/

:lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears