Reman/Rebuilt Engines?

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Is there a reputable company that does reman/rebuilt Montero (3.5 SOHC 6G74 in my case) engines?

Maybe one that someone here has used and would recommend?

Google'ing is one thing - looking for a recommendation or a buyer beware here.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Yeah, I'm not sure either. I might try a Mitsu board like 3si.org and ask there?

Also, I do know of a couple places that sell used engines with compression numbers and warranties. I bought a Volvo engine from LKQ with a 3 month warranty and excellent compression. Not a bad deal for what I paid.

Huffy

Observer
I've bought a couple of low mile removal engines from Japan through Rising Sun. Both were great for the price and came with most of the accessories and a warranty. The Miata motor had low miles but, very low compression to start with. The company offered to replace no charge. Before doing so they suggested a little ATF in the cylinders to free the rings and allowing the engine to run for a few days. If a recheck produced low compression they would replace. After doing so the compression was new spec. Turned out to be a fine engine which I turbocharged and raced for some time. Bottom line, most of the Japanese importers give a good value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12