remove

The Artisan

Adventurer
Does anyone think FWC will ever offer a flat bed in a shell configuration?

I am torn between purchasing a slide-in or flat bed for full time overlanding. It seems as if the flat bed would be the better choice since it offers additional room and storage space but what holds me back is the poor use of space in all the various floor plans. I have examined different configurations at MLO, OXE, etc. and watch virtually every video on FWC and to be truthful I am just not happy with how they utilize the limited internal space.

So, do you think FWC will ever offer a flat bed in a shell configuration so customers like myself can purchase the empty shell and personalize it?
I have something coming out in May. Look at exd similar but with hard sided popup or look at uro campers. I can do this setup with softsides. Full Frp composite panels, light, and well insulated. Shells full diy kits.
Kevin20191031_074048.jpg

Last edited:

Photobug

So, do you think FWC will ever offer a flat bed in a shell configuration so customers like myself can purchase the empty shell and personalize it?

Pretty sure I have read the internal compartments of the FWC are part of the structure. They can't provide a shell because it is to structurally wobbly without the internals. Also read FWC is not really responsive to alterations/customization.

Colby Jack

Traveler
All Terrain Campers does a better job of the flatbed popup in my opinion. I can’t stand the rounded rear departure thing. Waste.

cools20

Ask them about this a while back they said they will not sell shell models or ever make them for flatbeds haha

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
As the Four Wheel Camper Arizona territory dealer, I can tell you that while the subject has been brought up often, FWC is emphatic that they will not offer a shell version of the flatbed. :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12