Removed

sn_85

Observer
Gentlemen, I'm terribly sorry you are not able to understand suspension to the same degree that I am but there is no argument here: AEV suspension systems, bumpers, and other components are head and shoulders above companies such as Carli and Thuren. Personally, I hope they are able to step up to the same level someday since competition in the marketplace is good and right now there is no competition at AEVs level.

I'm not here to educate you so it's up to you to educate yourself or remain ignorant regarding this subject. It really does not matter to me either way. To some degree this reminds me of suspension discussions I had with my son when he began racing superbikes years ago. Initially, he just didn't get it and then one day it clicked. He gets it now...

And yet you always have SO MUCH to say. You've said your piece, made your "point" so just exit the damn chat and stop threadcrapping. You're insufferable dude.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Great looking rig. The following questions DO NOT represent anything about the quality of AEV 😉
• Which tranny are you running? 68RFE or the 69RC?
• Milage on tires?
• When was the diesel fuel filter last serviced? Oil and pump fluids?
• Brakes? Pads replaced recently, etc.?
• Rear rack (the custom one).. looks painted. Difficult to remove for a powder coat refresh?
• Has the infotainment system been updated? (from Ram, not a hardware but a SOFTWARE update?)
• Lastly, any photos of the interior of the bed would be helpful. Factory finish or has it been hit again with a Rhino or Line-X product?

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
This is not an AEV Prospector - it simply has a mixture of AEV and other parts on it installed by, at best, an unauthorized AEV dealer.
So, like yeah. I’ve read the whole thread and the nonsense about an “official” after market up fitter and whether this truck is or isn’t one. Funny thing is I asked the OP about HIS truck. Someone told me that the peanut gallery remains strong on EP lately. Cannot say one way or another about peanuts or otherwise however my questions were pretty specifically directed AT the Ram truck components and had nothing to do with the aftermarket decisions the OP has made to his truck. Guess my error was assuming our mutual enjoyment was also comprised of mutual respect.

NW, drop me a PM if you get a chance.

1cambo

I have never claimed to be a suspension expert nor super knowledgeable about the quality of various makers but I thought Carli was about as good as it gets for the Dodge and yet the guy complaining about the listing states AEV makes better? Anyone???
besides ramblinchet
Ok, I am editing this because I just went to the AEV website and gotta say I 100% disagree with ramblin, AEV uses coil spacers and driveshaft spacers , this is GARBAGE!!!!! I would equate this to a Chinese lift system!
Oh and lets not forget it comes at the low low price of $4800+ !!

Last edited:

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
For those who aren’t familiar (because they spend their time full time Overlanding) I would ask what is it that Baja 1000 “race” trucks are running? Carli? King? Or AEV?

‘Nuff said about what product establishes itself as the target of all others because of their superiority.

The OPs rig is worthy of the Baja IMO.

Last edited:

1cambo

Who tuned the King shocks for Thuren? A little bird told me the AEV/Bilstein XP8100 Remote Reservoir Shocks were tuned by the same team that tuned the shocks for the RAM 1500 TRX. And there are different packages available for 2500 or 3500 and gas or diesel.

And 90% of AEVs parts are manufactured within 200 miles of Detroit by OEM suppliers and manufacturers. I can assure you that Thuren can not honestly make the same statement.

Not sure who you are talking to but my rig was not built for Baja 1000 races now was AEVs suspension system designed for that application. My AEV Prospector was built for overlanding and AEV offers the finest dual-sport suspension right now for my application. Out of curiosity, who are the Baja 1000 teams running Carli or Thuren? Please reply with a list so I can learn more.

And regarding your statement that "the OPs rig is worthy of Baja IMO," what credentials do you have to make such a statement?
Did I ask or agree to debating you regarding suspension?
No I did not!
You claim to be an expert so I know discussion is pointless with you because as an expert you should know better and you obviously do not so it would be a waste of my time to try and educate you and or change your mind. Take care.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Might I point out that per the terms of use that you agreed to in order to participate here ... we do not allow derogatory comments on another member's for sale ads. If you have nothing to add to the sale of the item, please move on. To post something derogatory is a ban-worthy offense

Hope it sells for you dude. I enjoyed reading the funny comments although Ramblin decided to delete all his messages. But let it be known, he still believes AEV is the best :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 371927136_1162472601336151_5900711129891674931_n.jpeg
    371927136_1162472601336151_5900711129891674931_n.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 112

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998