Renogy PWM charge controller as trickle charger?

Srpat

Observer
Working on all the electric in the trailer. I have a toad charger for the 12v charging via the trucks 7 pin harness, and a noco charger for connecting to 120v. I just finished putting a 100w panel on the roof with a renogy 30amp PWM charge controller. The whole solar setup was something like $150 off of amazon, but it had good reviews from several members on this site.

The question is if I can leave the solar connected and charging the battery full time when the trailer isn't in use. I can't find much info from renogy on this. Does this cheap charge controller also work as a battery trickle charger/maintainer?

Thanks

Srpat

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
The short answer is yes. I have a 95W solar panel on the roof of my camper with a 30A Renogy controller. It's connected to two deep cycle AGM batteries all the time. The batteries are 3 1/2 years old now and no issues.

jays0n

Adventurer
Should be fine but if you have standard "wet" marine batteries keep an eye on the water level, I've seen them get basically boiled off from being on a charger that wasn't intelligent too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998