Rent a 4x4 fuso camper

dvofg

Just a thought...I was trying to find a place to rent a 4x4camper in costa rica or panama and found nothing...The only thing I could find was $1500 a week for a 1990 20 ft *****... Someone should start renting some 4x4 campers and I bet they would be very successful.....Who wants to rent one?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Some time back I spoke with an off road caravan manufacturer and posed a similar question.
The response I received was, after I thought about it, very logical.

An off road/4WD vehicle can go anywhere, right? What a test for someone renting one.
The vehicle would cop so much abuse it would not be worth it, especially given its initial cost. It is very likely that it would get ruined well before it ever returned a profit on the investment.

Basically, don't hold your breath waiting for 4x4 camper rentals; it is unlikely to happen.

haven

Expedition Leader
At one point, EarthCruiser was talking about renting their Fuso FG campers in Australia. Maybe now that they have a presence in USA (in Oregon), they might consider a rental program here. Probably doesn't help you in Central America, however!

dvofg

i THINK YOU ARE MISSING A SOMETHING...Costa rica mexico, Panama are alot different than the USA...The last car I rented was in southern mexico , it was a 1990 toyota and I paid about the same as I would to rent a new car here in the states.....SO I dont think the fuso campers would have to cost 200k I have a 2001 im working on now and I will have 20k in it when im finished......
I guess that you could rent one, but could you afford this.

I relate to renting a street vehicle for $25.oo to $35.oo per day. Compact car cost $15,000.oo .

Now go to Ouray, Moab, Silverton and rent a 4X4. The cost are $100.oo to $150.oo now you have the deposit for damage and the cost from loss from being in the shop and not being able to rent. The 4X4 vehicles average price $30,000.oo.

The cost of a 4X4 Fuso Camper $200,000.oo. You do the math and see if you could afford to rent one?

I have rented vehicles out and rented them for my use. This is just my $.02.

darneel82

Rent 4x4 Camper Costa Rica

I found this company Nomad America www.nomadamerica.com that does 4x4 camper rentals in Costa Rica. I just came back from a 2 week trip with them (had initially stumbled on this forum before embarking on my trip).
Good 4x4's I had a Jeep Wrangler rubicon that had some extras like OME suspensions, ARB front bumpers, all terrain tires and all the camping equipment needed, ARB rooftop tents too pretty good. Not brand new vehicles like one is used to in the rental world but mine had 45.000 kilometers on him, like 30.000 miles?
I never left Costa Rica though so dont know about border crossing.

Michelle@EarthCruiser

Supporting Sponsor
4x4rentals have been available for a long time in Australia. You see troopies everywhere especially on the beach. As a manufacturer of 4x4 'motorhomes' it has always been our goal to work with a company to offer rentals--we may do so ourselves once we get another demo. We are also talking to others in Asia about the same possibility. Costs of renting a 4x4 vehicle vary by the amenities provided. Rooftop tent setups will obviously be cheaper than renting an EarthCruiser.

darneel82

Wow those global warriors look insane! I mean $450 a day is a lot, but... thats more than 8 ford fiestas so its ok. Too bad I can't afford that 10.000$ security deposit :(
Thanks ski freak :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998