Replacement shocks for CDN m101?

fergor

I need new shocks for my cdn m101. I want to get Bilstein or Rancho. My setup, m101, lid, RTT and 33” mud terrain tires. I find that when I go over bumps, potholes I get a bit of roll on the trailer, I want to stabilize this more and was thinging replacing the shocks with more HD shocks would help. Any feedback will be great.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
If you have the originals, they are likely shot. I replaced mine with the OEM replacement parts, which are a NAPA response shock. When I removed the old originals, they would hardly compress and sounded horrible as the fluid "tried" to pass the valves. The new shocks were held closed with retaining straps in the box, once cut they spring out (albeit reasonably slowly). I installed them in about 10 minutes used new cotter pins, and away I went.

Seems to hug the road better over the bumps, but I have not taken it offroad yet like this. I have the stock suspension (no spring over) and stock shocks. Not sure that Rancho will be better, Bilstein likely but not sure it is worth the $$? If you like I can measure the compressed and open lengths of the old ones as they are still on the shop floor. Might be able to source something better?? Also have the Napa part number if you want it?
Greg

fergor

If you have the originals, they are likely shot. I replaced mine with the OEM replacement parts, which are a NAPA response shock. When I removed the old originals, they would hardly compress and sounded horrible as the fluid "tried" to pass the valves. The new shocks were held closed with retaining straps in the box, once cut they spring out (albeit reasonably slowly). I installed them in about 10 minutes used new cotter pins, and away I went.

Seems to hug the road better over the bumps, but I have not taken it offroad yet like this. I have the stock suspension (no spring over) and stock shocks. Not sure that Rancho will be better, Bilstein likely but not sure it is worth the $$? If you like I can measure the compressed and open lengths of the old ones as they are still on the shop floor. Might be able to source something better?? Also have the Napa part number if you want it?
Greg

Greg, thanks for all the info. Yea if you could give me the part number that would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears