Replacing batteries with battery station?

VinmanP

Hi all,
So, it’s closing in on time to replace the two 100ah AGM batteries in our camper. I’m going to replace with lifepo batteries (or battery). The current configuration would allow fitting a single 200ah battery, which would save weight.

My actual question is this, would it make sense (or be possible) to use a battery “station” instead of a dedicated battery? There are a few well reviewed stations in the 2000wh/200ah (12v) range coming in at around a grand. While a little more expensive than dedicated batteries, the thought of keeping it inside when not in use is appealing, plus it seems like a more versatile option.

Thoughts? Is this a thing?

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I highly recommend the Bluetti EB3A 268 Wh It's about the size of a battery with everything built in and carrying handle. That with the Atempower portable solar panels (200 watts) will keep a fridge going and some toys.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
If you want 200 Ah of battery, get 200 Ah of battery. Adding extra stuff to it won't make it small or lighter.
The "battery station", is that the same as a "solar generator"? Add a bit of cheap fluff to a battery, call it an all-in-one solution to a problem you don't have. And spend too much money for what you get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears