Retrofitting an (active or manual) rear locking differential LR4

Dr LC8

Hi all,

Good morning. I am new here...and I thought you guys might be able to advice.

I am based in UK. I own a D4 2012 SDV6 256bhp. I don't have the factory active rear locking differential and I would like to fit one.

After extensive research I found nothing for sale other than a compatible 8 gear rear diff lock for sale. I want to guess from a crashed car.

Can that be done? Does anyone have experience in this field? Anyone informed on any aftermarket available?

Thanks

Nic

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Best thing to try would be Disco3.co.uk forums. They are way more technical and have some great how-tos. If its possible you'll find it on there.

ishapiro

Hi all,

Good morning. I am new here...and I thought you guys might be able to advice.

I am based in UK. I own a D4 2012 SDV6 256bhp. I don't have the factory active rear locking differential and I would like to fit one.

After extensive research I found nothing for sale other than a compatible 8 gear rear diff lock for sale. I want to guess from a crashed car.

Can that be done? Does anyone have experience in this field? Anyone informed on any aftermarket available?

Thanks

Nic
Yes, it can be done. I replaced my non locking with a genuine e-locking one. But be prepared to pay quite a bit for all the parts.

You would need:

Diff
Two Rear half axles
Ecu
Wiring harness
CCF update tool

I have got everything working except the 4x4i screen doesn't show the rear padlock icon. I am pretty sure it works though because i can see RDCM live values changing

The guys at GAP diagnostics were a great help.

I wish i had time to do a full writeup :)

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12