Rhino Rack Sun Seeker to Factory Roof Rack or Roof Basket?

HostileJava

Observer
I'm wondering if anyone has mounted the Sun Seeker RR32109 to a factory roof rack or to a basket? I'd like to purchase this but it does not appear that they provide any easy way to mount it to a factory rack and I'm not prepared to upgrade to an aftermarket rack at this time. When contacting Rhino they suggest using bracket part RR32102, but this doesn't really look like it would work on the factory rack of my 02 Avalanche. My other option is to mount it to the Curt basket I currently have on the rack, but Rhino is telling me that is not a supported option. Anyone have any experience with this?

HostileJava

Observer
Ok, well I went a head an ordered it anyway with the suggested brackets, there is no way I can use those brackets on my factory rack, it's to wide and terminates at the side rail, but I may be able to adapt them to the basket. I'll post pictures when done.

HostileJava

Observer
Well I ended up cancelling the bracket and just getting the awning as the bracket kit was on national back order. I used the supplied brackets and just drilled the holes out to match up with a u bolt and then used some heavy duty rubber pipe insulation around my basket along with the u bolts to bolt it up to the bracket.

IMG_20150811_183616400_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150811_183628707.jpg

IMG_20150811_185418191.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12