*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

Muttle

Observer
Was a blast even though we didn't really do any wheeling. Thanks for the sweet shots of my Tundy, my phone wouldn't of done it justice. I got a couple shots of Doug on my phone. I'll edit my post once I transfer them.

tyv12

Adventurer
That's a fun trail and the rcsb pic up high is that the trail above frank slide? cuz that would be quite a climb on a wet trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickashay

Explorer
Looks like a blast

Great shots! Looks like a great time.

Thanks guys! Short but sweet.

Was a blast even though we didn't really do any wheeling. Thanks for the sweet shots of my Tundy, my phone wouldn't of done it justice. I got a couple shots of Doug on my phone. I'll edit my post once I transfer them.

Sounds good dude! Can't wait until the end of the month...

Man I need to get out. Going crazy stuck in the city.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol I know how that goes....

Where exactly were you guys when you were by those little falls?

Gold Creek Falls

That's a fun trail and the rcsb pic up high is that the trail above frank slide? cuz that would be quite a climb on a wet trail

Yes, thats the "Powerline" trail opposite to frank slide. We took the switchbacks instead of the straight climb at the last part of the ascent due to the rain. I actually made it up all those steps without being locked and I was only down to 20 psi... wasn't too bad!

You're going to have to tell me where that is. I'm in Montana and I'm planning on running up to Canada later this year.

Crowsnest Pass, AB. So much out there to explore. Give me some dates and I might even be able to give you the grand tour!

rickashay

Explorer
As always excellent pictures

Thanks! Just need out there a few more times this summer... so I can take MORE pictures. I seriously am having photography withdrawals this year.

UPDATE - got my headlights retroiftted and installed on the truck. Also put in white Morimoto XB LED bulbs for the rear turn signals, same bulbs I have in the front. They are pretty expensive at $45 per pair but holy cow are they bright. I'm going to order reverse and stop light bulbs on my next order to the retrofit source so I can have everything swapped over to LED on the truck. I'm going to try and shoot a short video in the next couple weeks and show off some of the lighting stuff.

ExpoScout

Explorer
Thanks! Just need out there a few more times this summer... so I can take MORE pictures. I seriously am having photography withdrawals this year.

UPDATE - got my headlights retroiftted and installed on the truck. Also put in white Morimoto XB LED bulbs for the rear turn signals, same bulbs I have in the front. They are pretty expensive at $45 per pair but holy cow are they bright. I'm going to order reverse and stop light bulbs on my next order to the retrofit source so I can have everything swapped over to LED on the truck. I'm going to try and shoot a short video in the next couple weeks and show off some of the lighting stuff.

I might have to look into those morimotos...or something similar. I like that they can basically double for rear floods. :p

farmerjon

The Rig
Looks like some pretty nice shots! That 2nd gen Tundra is pretty sweet on the rocks, the "mood" one you posted. Like the b/w of yours as well! I find it ironic that a guy goes from an LX to a 4R, that's a better direction to go ;)

Found you your next build project. a 1996 Toyota Mega Cruiser, only $109k in Vancouver :p You can legally get this, apparently we can't get these in the US (at least not for another few years until 25 years rolls over). Diesel.

Original Thread on t4r.org (and craigslist link): http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/196934-crazy-craigslist-find.html#post2014261

00W0W_2J9Ijj6NpEX_600x450.jpg

rickashay

Explorer
Looks like some pretty nice shots! That 2nd gen Tundra is pretty sweet on the rocks, the "mood" one you posted. Like the b/w of yours as well! I find it ironic that a guy goes from an LX to a 4R, that's a better direction to go ;)

Found you your next build project. a 1996 Toyota Mega Cruiser, only $109k in Vancouver :p You can legally get this, apparently we can't get these in the US (at least not for another few years until 25 years rolls over). Diesel.

Original Thread on t4r.org (and craigslist link): http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/196934-crazy-craigslist-find.html#post2014261

View attachment 285561

Wow thats ************. Didnt even know those existed. The ad was pulled down :(

As promised, a shot of the new lamps.

IMG_4717.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_4723.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

trailscape

Explorer
The truck looks great. Giving me too many ideas for mine.

Which morimoto bulbs did you go with and did you use a resistor? I'd like to do this to mine. Also, did you actually remove the chrome pieces and fill the holes on the bumper and grill?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger