Ridiculous descriptions from sellers

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
From another very pricey, older, almost $70k camper van FSBO, basically from the category of, “I had really wanted to mod it to make it into a 4wd rig, but decided not to (because I ran out of time/money/interest?)”

“I ultimately stayed 2wd and went with the whoop scissor kit from weldtec instead of solid axle 4x4, you’d be surprised at where 5k lbs over a limited slip 4.56 axle with good tires at 20 psi will get you...”

(Surprised, not surprised? Perhaps one might also state, ‘you’d be surprised at where 5k lbs over a limited slip 4.56 axle with good tires at 20 psi will also get you STUCK...’):sneaky:

Last edited:

BajahaMontana

We should ask to have an entire group dedicated to city folk with to much money and no idea what to say about thier rigs for sale? Very entertaining, can't wait for more to be posted.
Found earlier, " Rare, extremely rare 2002 chevy one ton truck with four wheel drive, never been off road."

fl0w3n

Observer
Oh I look at Craigslist daily, this will be fun. Here’s a recent one I can’t help but chuckle at...

a wrecked Duramax with salvage title, that still needs to be repaired... for $15,500 firm.

blacklbzbeauty

Oh I look at Craigslist daily, this will be fun. Here’s a recent one I can’t help but chuckle at...

a wrecked Duramax with salvage title, that still needs to be repaired... for $15,500 firm.

Safety vest in front seat is interesting.
Guessing vehicle purchased from salvage yard/insurance company. If he can get asking price, more power to him. Capitalism at it's best.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
There is a corollary thread to this one... ridiculous questions from buyers.

Any question leading to:

“I can’t do basic research even though I possess a smart device that I used to view your ad...”

“I have x amount of $$, usually not a large enough number to deserve a comma, what is your bottom dollar?”

or

Will it fit/haul/tow/be right for my family/dog/boat/climate/trip?

or

Is it reliable?

Ducstrom

There is a corollary thread to this one... ridiculous questions from buyers.

Any question leading to:

“I can’t do basic research even though I possess a smart device that I used to view your ad...”

“I have x amount of $$, usually not a large enough number to deserve a comma, what is your bottom dollar?”

or

Will it fit/haul/tow/be right for my family/dog/boat/climate/trip?

or

Is it reliable?
Yes!
Also, when questions are asked that have already been answered in the ad.
Just read the ad and look at the pictures. Your questions are answered within...

s.e.charles

these ads stand out for their lack of syntax & prose, but honestly, it's just that manufacturers word their BS much more better.

or words to that effect.

i have an acquaintance that wanted to sell his non-road worthy ford f-150. "i could get what it's worth if i put $400 into it".

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I remember trying to sell a 1984 Chevy diesel 1/2 ton about 15 years ago. I had done a frame-off restoration and upgrade cycle on the truck, there was a very detailed ad. Nobody seemed to read past Diesel before asking what sort of chip it had, whether it could make a lot of smoke, and how many horsepower.

Umm... there are 2 kinds of chip appropriate for a 1984 diesel... potato and corn, but I’ve vacuumed it really well. I worked pretty hard to make it not smoke, but I guess I could ruin a couple of injectors, and maybe 180 HP if it’s a good day and you run really high octane diesel. :rolleyes:

bonus internet points if you are considering a reply to explain that Octane ratings don’t apply to or work appropriately on diesel fuel!

86scotty

Cynic
OK, some people are going to take this personally. I don't care, I think it's the silliest thing people do in ads. Block out their license plate numbers. My favorite is when there is a big blurry thumb stuck in the middle of the picture. Why?

What can anyone do with your license plate? It's visible all day every day for people to see! Makes no sense to me at all.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
OK, some people are going to take this personally. I don't care, I think it's the silliest thing people do in ads. Block out their license plate numbers. My favorite is when there is a big blurry thumb stuck in the middle of the picture. Why?

What can anyone do with your license plate? It's visible all day every day for people to see! Makes no sense to me at all.
Yep. Totally agree!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger