Rive Gauche Kustoms

haven

Expedition Leader
Super-motard, racing on a course that includes street, flat track dirt and motocross sections, is a hot sport in Europe right now. The sport has spawned street-legal bikes from several manufacturers, from the Honda CRF230M up to the KTM 990 SM R.

Rive Gauche Kustoms is a Parisian (naturellement) motorcycle shop that has produced their idea of a super-motard bike by recycling a 1980-ish Honda CX500.

rivegauche1.jpg

rivegauche2.jpg

More photos on their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/rivegauchekustoms

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
That's pretty far from a Super-Motard bike. However, it is very similar to the latest crop of vintage "street fighters" coming up in France. The craze in the mid-90s was to strip down sport bikes as street fighters. That got ruined when stock bikes rolled out of crates with that look. (Aprilia Brutale is a great street fighter). At that same time in the mid 90s, there were a couple shops doing similar bikes using the Yamaha V-max and Fazer bikes as a base. These were knobby-tire bikes like that RVC bike. Pretty cool. Very scary.

haven

Expedition Leader
I'm sure the knobby tires tires would be a nightmare on the often-damp Paris streets. I like how slim the back half of the bike is. I've always had a thing for the Moto Guzzi V twin style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears