Rivnuts to attach DIY kitchen/storage sliders to power wagon bed?

Hi all - I've been chipping away at building up my slide out kitchen and storage rails as shown in the pic. I plan to attach them in a way making them removable without 'too much effort' and was thinking about this method below with a piece of angle iron attached to the back truck bed wall that acts as the attachment point for the rails and also keeps it locked in place vertically with easy removal pins as shown in the pic. I know this setup uses Rivnuts / Rivet Nuts to mount the bracket and to mount the attachment down near the tailgate as you don't have access to backside of either areas on the tailgate. I've never used rivnuts and when googling...theres a MILLION options. Anyone recommend a model, what material and what size bolt would be appropriate for this setup? The rails are heavy duty and with the thick steel angle iron its already a tank...I imagine when I add all my gear and camp boxes and camp kitchen these slide outs are going to be super heavy. Any advice very greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JD

Attachments

• truck-slider.jpg
    truck-slider.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 5.28.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 5.28.54 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 39

BigBrokenZJ

My Bedslide 1500 uses four 5/16 rivnuts to attach the slide to the bed. I’ve had it well above the 1500lb rating and haven’t had any issues.

I like the idea of counter sinking the rails also.. would allow your tray to be as low as possible. That’s a complaint I have with my Bedslide is it sits so high up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12