Roam About with "Big Hank"

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Wow, that must have been an unusual experience! Great pictures.

In your pictures since Baja I noticed the absence of the bike and trailer; did you leave it in the States? Was wondering if you had a problem getting it across the border. I plan to be going to Baja next December and I travel with my XT225 on a carrier rack on the back of my van.

At the last minute I decided to leave the trailer/bike in Yuma. Figured since I had Petey with me I wouldn't be riding all that much plus I would have had to insure the bike with Mexican insurance as well. Couple of times while on some serious back road excursions I was glad I didn't have it as pulling a trailer through some of that stuff would have been slow going. Plus and minuses on not having it. If I was going down and planned to set up in one place for an extended period it would have been nice having the bike to run back into town or do some exploring on it. Don't like to leave Petey for more than 4 or 5 hours at a time though so I wouldn't take off all day on the bike or anything. A concern of mine is if I'm off on the bike and get hurt then Petey is stranded in the camper somewhere. The joys of dog ownership. The pluses outweigh the minuses for me though when it comes to Petey.

parkkitchings

Adventurer
I don't mind clicking on your blog, keep 'em coming.

Thanks for following along.

Update to the blog: http://nowheretobetour.blogspot.com/

Aqua%20Verde-35-XL.jpg

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
Oh Man, Petey doesn't look happy! I did your same trip in 1990 and the roads sure have changed.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Best Regards,

Ron

XPEDBC

Adventurer
Yes thank you for continuing to update your adventure. I've been sharing it with family etc and researching some of the places you've been. It's a temporary way to satisfy my wanderlust. Did I read right that you have a significant other? I'm surprised she lets you wander off for so long!

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Yes thank you for continuing to update your adventure. I've been sharing it with family etc and researching some of the places you've been. It's a temporary way to satisfy my wanderlust. Did I read right that you have a significant other? I'm surprised she lets you wander off for so long!

Glad you're following along. I know I've followed and enjoyed numerous threads here and other forums as well. Yes, I have a longtime girlfriend who is very understanding of my wanderlust. She owns her own business and is very busy so I think that helps. She travels quite a bit for business and also has to go over to China a couple of times a year. We have had a long distance relationship (300 miles) for many years until recently. I sold my home and business then moved up to where she was early 2014. We are now engaged but no date set. Thought I would settle down but after a few months I get the itch again. I've basically been roaming about either in the camper or via motorcycle since March 2014 with a few months spent with her in between. She does start inquiring as to when I'm coming home after I've been on the road for 4 weeks or so. This current roam about will be for about 3 months if all goes as planned. She is a keeper to put it mildly. I'm very lucky that she isn't the controlling type and allows me the freedom to roam.

Hey Park........you definitely need to get to Nepal. Best country of all my travels. Himalayas are amazing. Check out my trip report when you get a chance. Stay safe......

Jerry(yukonmontana)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle