RoamerX/XT105 Now Available in a Dual Axle Setup

Treefarmer1

Check out these photos from High Altitude Trailers (HAT) of their new dual axle model. HAT calls it an XT105 and RVs of America will be selling it as a RoamerX. More specs and pricing details should be coming out this week on the two websites. I've always liked the quality and the design of High Altitude Trailers. It's not the trailer for us due to the bed setup and the overall size of the interior (we're Kingdom Camping Caravan XL people), but it should appeal to a lot of people here. The frame, suspension, box construction, exterior elements, and interior components all look all top notch. It seems there are always people on here looking for advice on whether or not they should get an Oliver Elite and try to take it off road. This is the trailer for those folks.

PXL_20230628_145346158 (1).jpg

PXL_20230628_145421612 (1).jpg

PXL_20230628_145628490.jpg

PXL_20230628_145633828.jpg

PXL_20230628_145641492.jpg

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Like to see one of these in person and the final real world specs. I assumed they gained some weight and cost with the duel wheeled upgrade. It sure took a while to get this model to market. Maybe that's a good thing.

Treefarmer1

I think you're about right. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see this land at more than the Xplore and less than the Kimberley. It's a nice rig in all the most important areas, but crawling into that little space to go to bed wouldn't work for us.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I think you're about right. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see this land at more than the Xplore and less than the Kimberley. It's a nice rig in all the most important areas, but crawling into that little space to go to bed wouldn't work for us.
That is the main reason we ended up with the Kimberley. For a small trailer, the layout is hard to beat for two people.

Treefarmer1

Still don't see any info on this unicorn trailer called the Roamer X. Do we know for sure the duel axel is going to be cruisemaster?
This is all I could find:
"4 wheel independent air suspension with 12" of Travel with EASY Side-to-Side leveling"
It's from the ROA website, so who knows how real it is, but based on that description, it's probably not Cruisemaster. CM doesn't have 12" of travel.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

This is all I could find:
"4 wheel independent air suspension with 12" of Travel with EASY Side-to-Side leveling"
It's from the ROA website, so who knows how real it is, but based on that description, it's probably not Cruisemaster. CM doesn't have 12" of travel.

Interesting. Maybe they are hooking HAT up with morryde . Do they have 12"

Treefarmer1

I don't know why a heavy dual axle "off road" trailer would need 12" of suspension range. We have the Cruisemaster ATX and R17 wheels on our Kingdom XL. At the lowest/highway travel setting the thing has more clearance than our F350. It's about 24-26 inches depending on how/where you want to measure it. I could get another six inches if I wanted it, but why? I doubt we will ever need to raise it any higher other than to level side to side. We don't expect to take a 9,000 lb trailer anywhere that we need 32 inches of clearance. We're just not as much fun as the people you see in the cool YouTube videos. 🙂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears