Rock Krawler Suspension

Stepsride

Been running a 3.5 xfactor for 30k. Great lift. I just installed on my brothers JK the 1.5 Flex kit. He is running flat fenders and 35's . Great ride and very capable. Someone mentioned sag and I have had none. However I cannot knock an AEV lift. Just depends what you want to do with your rig. My recommendation is drive them if you can.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I was not looking for a large lift so I went with the Rock 1.5 lift flex system. The ride is great and feels like there is no weight on the front end. With the control arms my caster is back in spec but gain ground clearance instead of lost ground clearance like you do with drop brackets.

I probably will upgrade to the max or x Factor in a year or so. Unlike most other lifts out there RK addresses the fact when you lift rear axle is pulled forward. With the RK control arms you recentered the axle in the wheel well.

Did you gain more than 1.5" of lift?

aristobrat

Observer
With the control arms my caster is back in spec but gain ground clearance instead of lost ground clearance like you do with drop brackets.
Hmm, interesting to hear that a 1.5" lift put the caster out of spec. I guess that's possible from an alignment machines POV, but it seems like folks on the forums don't usually start talking about feel the loss of caster until 3"+ of lift.

IIRC, the smallest lift the drop brackets support is 2.5". Over the last five years, I've been running the brackets with 3.5/4.5" lifts. Due to the loss of clearance under them, I've definitely hit them a few times when rock crawling, but with them being so close to the front wheels, it's that's a fairly rare occurrence. I've thought about trying out adj. control arms (just for something different, I've got 0 complaints with the drop brackets and stock arms), but I'm afraid I'd notice the lack of anti-dive if I remove the drop brackets.

kojackJKU

I do notice the caster with my teraflex leveling kit. I am debating popping on a set of rubicon express drop brackets to see how the jeep is after them. They have a 2-5.5" adjustment in them. I am likeing the anti dive characteristics associated with the drop brackets too.

mikeJKUR

Adventurer
Did you gain more than 1.5" of lift?

Liftdimensions.jpg

Yes sir. Using the pictures above to compare, the front I got 1.8 of lift. As you can see in the pictures I have a bumper and winch. Oh and a sway bar motor skid plate. Total weight added was about 100 to 110.

mikeJKUR

Adventurer
Hmm, interesting to hear that a 1.5" lift put the caster out of spec. I guess that's possible from an alignment machines POV, but it seems like folks on the forums don't usually start talking about feel the loss of caster until 3"+ of lift.

I think most people just assume everything it ok when installing a small lift or drop the air pressure in the tires to hind the condition.

Before adding the controls my caster was at 3.0 on both sides. I almost never drive on the highway so didn't get to see if the vehicle felt different there but I did notice the steering did not return to center with just the coils on.

kojackJKU

mine is at like 2.8 right now or something close to that. Its right at the edge of "in spec". I like the control advantages of the drop brackets. I am just afraid that I am going to screw the handling up going over on the caster number as well. I don't rock crawl so The clearance is not an issue. it would only be hitting dirt and not solid rock if I install them.

EXPO08JK

Took my buddies 13 JKU with 2.5 Max Travel on a 1500 mile weekend road trip in the fall and I could not be more impressed. I drove about half the trip, and the stability, ride and quality are second to none. He has is paired with Fox 2.0 shocks and 35" Trail Grapplers. I am out of a JK for now, but RK will deff be the lift in my next one.

kojackJKU

hmmmm, maybe I will get the 1.5" and just pop on a spacer on each corner to lift that little bit extra if I need it. it should sit as mine is now. even with bumpers on as far as I know.

croix

Observer
I have the RK 2.5" Max Travel with the long travel Bilstein 5100s and I really like it. The only thing that I will add is that although it came with a drop bracket for the rear trackbar my rear axle was still off by about 1/2". At full droop the passenger tire would rub. Of course full droop doesn't happen often, but the tail end felt a little... wiggly. I ended up adding the adjustable rear track bar and all is right once again.
-croix

Copperhead37

I have the RK 3.5 mid arm X-factor plus on my 2012 JKUR with 37 inch Mickey thompsons. I have 79,000 miles on my set up and love. It handles better with the RK lift than it did stock. Its off road capability is out standing. From personal experience I can also say RK stands behind there stuff and has great customer service. (Yes I have had to exercise there warranty) I beat my rig pretty hard. I am active duty military and use my vehicle at work a lot. You will be very happy with RK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle