Rock sliders for 03 Ford Superduty extended cab!

flatbedbill

I am looking to build rock sliders for my superduty, has anyone built any. I would like to see pic's ... or idea's on how. Thanks

silvrzuki77

explorer
DSC00024.jpg
\
untitled.jpg

1.5" .120 wall work pretty good lol. welded straight to the frame. pm me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

ExpoMike

as far as know the ground collapsed on him. he has told the story in other parts of the forum.

I did a search with his username and can't find anything that talks about this event. :Wow1:

Need more info about this.:coffeedrink:

silvrzuki77

explorer
sorry I lost track of this post. If anyone is still interested I was about 4 feet to the left when the under cut gave away. Ive been on this road numerous times in my old xj and never had a problem. That tire is junk someone dumped there. Ended up loading about 500 pounds of rock in the bed to keep the back driver tire down. A buddy came out with his jeep and tugged my back out. Almost a really bad day.

tbared

Life participant
Not to highjack, but ive been pondering the same. How to succesfully make and attach sliderz to the frame of a crew cab Ford Super Duty and takeing into acount frame flex on such a long rig. What are you guys doing?

4671 Hybrid

Adventurer
From my experience, frame flex isn't much of an issue for sliders since you're not tying the rails together. Unless the rail starts bending or twisting excessively over the span where you have the "legs" attached, you won't have any problems. If the rails are moving that much, you likely have serious issue.

I've made several sets of sliders and have welded and bolted them on...the advantage to bolts is that you can pull them if you ever sell the vehicle and the advantage to welding is less brackets to fab up. I've heard talk of heat treated frames but that's more important when you're dealing with suspension components, frame slices, etc.

On the original question though, I'd think that 1.75 @ .120 with 4 support legs would do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998