RockFest 2010

stolenheron

Explorer
http://thegreatamericanpark.com/

RockFest 2010 @ the G.A.P. in Auburn AL (yes, my humble little college town has an ORV just 10 minutes from my apt this semester). The stuff goes from a total joke (super easy) to extreme with nothing in between, which is a shame. Its not open diff or <35" tire friendly. but the medium stuff will come, its a very new park (opened last december while i was in FM).

The event started on friday (i was there) and continued all through saturday until late last night. I drove my rover on the perimeter trail about 8 times, basically a tight dirt road minus one rough mini mudhole (we got a lifted YJ on M/Ts stuck, but my rover plowed through it just fine right after him on the same line haha) and a wood bridge that was collapsed on the right side (thus the fun side to drive). regardless it is a "stock" vehicle trail for sure.

the rocks were a bit different, there was only a 30ft strip of rock i could do without lockers. but I did get to drive eric's FJ80 bobtail on 40s through some of the rocks (the bigger ones lol).

i went through the mudhole as well, no pics, but it wasnt anything special. just really chunky gray mud that you slid around in and regretted later.

smashed my driverside front rim on a rock mashing 2 lug nuts, gouging the rim, and busting a centercap, the paint is flaking off of it now too so i'll replace it with the 6th wheel i have at home. broke the driverside rear plastic trim piece, started to pull off my passenger rear fender flare when i stuffed the tire on the rocks haha, broke a limb riser (the cable cinch slipped), lost the paint job on my front bumper and sliders. but i saw plenty of snapped axles, blown diffs, popped tires, and busted cooling lines/hoses.

it was a great weekend.

rockfestday1148.jpg

rockfestday1144.jpg

rockfestday1143.jpg

rockfestday1140.jpg

rockfestday1136.jpg

rockfestday1132.jpg

rockfestday1126.jpg

rockfestday1123.jpg

rockfestday1119.jpg

rockfestday1115.jpg

Last edited:

jknolan4

You've got to be kidding me! I was there from '93 to '99 and there was nothing like that. Looks like a lot of fun, where exactly is it? Congrats on our win on Saturday, btw.

-John

stolenheron

Explorer
You've got to be kidding me! I was there from '93 to '99 and there was nothing like that. Looks like a lot of fun, where exactly is it? Congrats on our win on Saturday, btw.

-John

its about 3 miles south of I85 on south college (in macon county)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179