Rocky Road Outfitters - How long did you wait for your shipment?

raysobi

Adventurer
FYI, I cancelled my order last week.

I waited almost 4 months for my order. They told me they got it shipped from Australia on January 11th, and I called them a week later, and they said there was a "delay" due to snow storm to Arizona...

So I waited, and called them 2 weeks later and they still have no answer for me. Zero sense of urgency, dishonest, don't care, or all of the above.

I will never shop or deal with them ever again, very disappointing.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
FYI, I cancelled my order last week.

I waited almost 4 months for my order. They told me they got it shipped from Australia on January 11th, and I called them a week later, and they said there was a "delay" due to snow storm to Arizona...

So I waited, and called them 2 weeks later and they still have no answer for me. Zero sense of urgency, dishonest, don't care, or all of the above.

I will never shop or deal with them ever again, very disappointing.

Why did you wait 4 months? Several of us who had a great experience with Sierra Expeditions suggested you order from them, sorry you had to learn the hard way to not buy from RRO.

Outdooraholic

Adventurer
I ordered a snorkel and OME kit from RRO this summer and found their shipping to be very prompt, especially considering the parts had to go to them from Australia first. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I ordered sliders from RRO.
Ordered online.
Delivered in 4-6 weeks IIRC.
No drama.
(Sliders are solid.)

raysobi

Adventurer
Why did you wait 4 months? Several of us who had a great experience with Sierra Expeditions suggested you order from them, sorry you had to learn the hard way to not buy from RRO.
Several factors, half was I'm being nice and a combination of doing other projects and they kept delaying and bsing me.

Finally finished my Monstaliner and was ready for a new lift kit to be put up but no....didnt happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

raysobi

Adventurer
I think you guys are ok because they have their stuff in stock and ready for sale.

It's unacceptable to keep delaying and lying for nearly 4 months to a customer that already paid in full.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Outdooraholic

Adventurer
I just placed an order today for an ARB compressor, inflation kit, EZ deflator, and tire gauge. Based on the recommendations from you guys I went with Sierra Expeditions this time. We'll see how they do.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
If you're ordering normally stocked items (meaning they work on a toyota or jeep) you can expect normal business. It's when you get into montero specific stuff that the waters get murky and I only know of one company that stocks montero parts.

JeepMania

They processed my payment. The order got lost. I didn't get my order. I didn't get my money back. It's been ten weeks. The order was lost over a month ago. I requested a refund. I got nothing.
Yes, I called and called. Yes, I emailed. Good profit for RRO. Shameful, very shameful.

nnamssorxela

Adventurer
I got mine the same week that I ordered, though I did call ARB to make sure that they had them in stock. RR drop ships through the ARB office/warehouse in WA.

Offroadmuch

Explorer
They processed my payment. The order got lost. I didn't get my order. I didn't get my money back. It's been ten weeks. The order was lost over a month ago. I requested a refund. I got nothing.
Yes, I called and called. Yes, I emailed. Good profit for RRO. Shameful, very shameful.

Did you try to get a refund with your credit card company? I know American Express will refund on purchases like this and also warranty items you buy through them even with the seller will not. Maybe an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78